Is my brake pedal connected to everything!!

TheCleaner

Car(s)
2004 Clio dCi 1.5 100HP
not a literal question of course :lol: , but seriously, i dont know how its happening

Issue 1: the brake pedal is turning on my headlights, ive decided not to use the car until its sorted because we all know how dangerous that could be braking to take a left turn, and basically flashing oncoming trafffic to turn aswell. Does anyone know how this has happened.. it wasnt happening before

Issue 2: Not sure if this is really an issue, but this makes me wonder if the brake pedal is my cars master control of come sort, because if i have the brake pressed, i can remove the keys and the engine will stay running, but as soon as i take my foot off it cuts out, very strange..

and some issues not exactly related but what puzzle me.

it seems i only have one rear fog light on the right, the side fog light fitting plate, in which the bulb has to go through, has a piece of plastic not allowing a bulb to be fitted.. how on earth this has passed all the MOT's i dont know, but im thinking of cutting it out and installing a bulb there as the circuit oplate has space for one

The front fog lights just dont work.. whether they are aftermarket and just for looks i dont know..

anyway, its a renault clio 1.2 provence 1997 3-door hatch

if anyone can give tips on what i could do to fix it before taking it to a garage it'l be appreciated

Thanks

:lmao:

Sounds like you have a short in your electrical harness and the electricity headed to your brake lights and such is crossing over to other things.

I seriously started reading this and started thinking... hmm, sounds like a Renault, only to read on to find out that... it's a Renault. :lol:

Viper007Bond said:
:lmao:

Sounds like you have a short in your electrical harness and the electricity headed to your brake lights and such is crossing over to other things.

My thoughts exactly.

Thrasher said:
Maybe some ones been fooling with your car as a joke?
There's a video where some guys hooked a guy's brake pedal up to his horn. It was pretty damn funny. :D

Viper007Bond said:
There's a video where some guys hooked a guy's brake pedal up to his horn. It was pretty damn funny. :D

I've heard of somebody hooking the horn up to the Vtec system on a Honda, so basically whenever he floored it, the horn went off. :lol:

in my brothers old 4runner, when he hit the brake, his left turn signal and check engine light went on and went off as soon as he got off the brake.

Viper007Bond said:
Thrasher said:
Maybe some ones been fooling with your car as a joke?
In Pakistan and Afghanistan and the like it appears to be customary to connect a device to the brake-pedal that plays a message every time the brake-pedal is pushed. The message: "Visvallah" (If I remember it right), which would mean: "We brake in the name of God(Allah)". :')

^^ WTF? :shock: