is the saleen all its cracked up to be?

Kebab gud

there is a lot of talk here about the Saleen S7 Twin turbo..
some (americans) are conviced that it is faster then the Koenigsegg
but lets look at some facts..

This is a S7 in profile
Saleen%20S7%20P1%204.jpg

Now lets compare that to currant and former record holders..

Bugatti Veyron..
2006-Bugatti-Veyron-Targa.jpg

Koenigsegg CCR
Koenigsegg_CCR.jpg

Mclaren F1
Mclaren_f1.jpg

Now what does the Mclaren, Bugati and Koenisegg have in comon thats diffrent for the Saleen? ...
other then proven World record setters..
well .. take a look at the rear..
the Mclaren only had a Wing on the LM and GT cars.. aka Track cars with lower top speed
The Koenisegg only has a Rear Wing as an option, ther cars are stock capeble of reching its top speed, race spec is optional
the Bugatti has a wing that can be raced or lowerd..
in top speed form.. the wing is down..
and all of them have a short butt..

the saleen comes as stock with a wing and has a long wide butt..
2 things that has been proven to lower top speed..

i say .. Saleen.. prove that your cars can go as fast as you say and i prove that pigs can fly

Soon as they stuck the wing on the LM and GT cars, about 40mph was knocked off the top speed, said Gordon Murray. Really helped the slightly-dodgy high speed handling, though.

However, if Saleen have a ridiculously big and powerful engine, and decent aerodynamics, it might be possible. Though I'd like to see it independently tested.

I'd rather do 210 while stable than 250 while weaving on the verge of coming off the ground.

teeb said:
However, if Saleen have a ridiculously big and powerful engine, and decent aerodynamics, it might be possible. Though I'd like to see it independently tested.
Both the Koenigsegg and Bugatti has more power ..
(almost the same tourqe on the Saleen and Koenigsegg thou)

OMG THE SALEEN IS AMERICAN THEREFORE ITS SLOW AND IS T3H SUCK LOLOLOL!!!
I'm with No Boss. American cars should be banned from this forum, because this is going to get ugly, quick.

Why even talk about this, until we get some speed tests performed by some journalist lets just shut up...

BlaRo said:
OMG THE SALEEN IS AMERICAN THEREFORE ITS SLOW AND IS T3H SUCK LOLOLOL!!!
I'm with No Boss. American cars should be banned from this forum, because this is going to get ugly, quick.

Instead how about we ban the idiots that make those stupid comments?

Hahaha, ok.

The fastest S7 has gone is 330 KM/H, and seems car is not that reliable to go that much fast.

Un-Dee said:
apart from the fact that is easily the ugliest car here.
You're crazy. The S7 is sexy as hell. <_<

I'm more interested in the other aspects of the car. If I had any of the above cars, I'd never take to a track to run 230+ so doesn't matter.

Lets compare the cars based on handling, acceleration and braking. Looks are subjective, and it's definately right near the bottom with the Bugatti.

And for those who say the veyron is good looking, your merely distracted by the top speed and power :bangin: *puts on flame suit*...

Koenigsegg CCX is definately the best looking of the cars.

It looks like Saleen just took the corvette from teeb's sig and increased the overhang.

The S7 is basically a race car. All you would need to do would be tp rip out the interior and it would be the racing version of the S7. In that type of racing you don't need to go over 200 mph.

This car has the most useless interior you could ask for.

Despite its huge size, it has no leg room, at all.

jetsetter said:
The S7 is basically a race car. All you would need to do would be tp rip out the interior and it would be the racing version of the S7. In that type of racing you don't need to go over 200 mph.

Wow... that might actually the most sensible thing I've ever heard you say.

/Kudos

I don't care if it breaks the production car speed record, but it sure will go really fast and look good while doing it, and thats all that matters in my book.

If one was offered to you, would you take it?

"I don't care if it breaks the production car speed record, but it sure will go really fast and look good while doing it, and thats all that matters in my book."
well said

I dont know whats the fuss about... its an amazing car. So wat if you dont like it? dont need to tell the whole world why you hate it. I havent seen a decent review on it. Not by TG or FG, but whoever tests it, im sure they will be impressed.

Think about it. when jeremy tested the CTS from Cadillac he was pretty shocked. he didnt expect an "american" car to do so well, but gues what? it did, and it turned out to be a nice car to drive.

So untill theres a Decent review on TG or FG (i dont really watch other car shows thats why) i dont think there is a reason for people to say that car sucks n all.

Lastly, i dont like the saleen and i dont hate it. but just because so many people hate on it makes me love it even more.