• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Is this blue screen message, cause of my graphic problem?

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
the blue screen :(

:(

graphic (GTA:SA) btw the same copy works fine on my laptop -.-;

thanks for any help in advance

That blue screen can be from anything. But I'd start with your vid card, make sure your running the latest drivers for it first.

i;ve downloaded the lastest driver and installed it. i have also run a kind RAM test to see if there are problems but there seem to be none.

could it be the settings to the VC?

Unless your overclocking the videocard? Then probaly no..

Are you sure they're the latest version?
What card do you have otherwise? And you might want to open the case and check if the fan of the card is still working?

Do you have problems wih any other games?

the VC is a...

Inno 3D GeForce FX5600XT

the fan is working and it lags alot when i play games even when its a 128mb memory.

i put a extra fan in from of it to feed more cold air to it but doesnt seem to do much.

i mean, its 128mb, i would expect to be able to play GTA:SA at full quality and stuff but this occurs with lag as well.

thanks for help again in advance

=edit=

omg just now i started GTA:SA to see if the new driver helped...my screen responed by "no response"....hai.......

:shock: OMFG! what is that? i installed one on the site just now...but mine fucked up and urs fixed it...wtf?

at least the colors fixed, but then its lags so much, is there somewhere i can fix this?

thanks anyways Kip_6666 for the help!

jasonchiu said:
the VC is a...

Inno 3D GeForce FX5600XT

the fan is working and it lags alot when i play games even when its a 128mb memory.

i put a extra fan in from of it to feed more cold air to it but doesnt seem to do much.

i mean, its 128mb, i would expect to be able to play GTA:SA at full quality and stuff but this occurs with lag as well.

thanks for help again in advance

=edit=

omg just now i started GTA:SA to see if the new driver helped...my screen responed by "no response"....hai.......
"no response" is often caused by using unsupported refreshrates...

And you really cant tell a videocard's performance by its ammount of memory. Running GTA:SA at full quality is really impossible with a card like that.
No you should not upgrade to a card with 256MB, like an Geforce FX 5600 256MB since that card is too slow for that. If you want a new videocard a Geforce 6800LE with 128MB will work fine, best value for money atm imho.

thanks for the advice but i aint gonna spend another dime on this computer because it has caused me enough hassle. its also quite out dated by now.

i plan to get a new computer as a whole next year when i leave to uni. the better the uni i get in, the more money i'll get for my pc probz from my parents. gonna study hard! then u guys can tell me all the parts to get for a good pc.

jasonchiu said:
thanks for the advice but i aint gonna spend another dime on this computer because it has caused me enough hassle. its also quite out dated by now.
if you know your PC is outdated, you shouldn't expect to be able to play GTA:SA with all graphic options at max ;)

i guess :( but then the game doesnt look that advance u know...not like something which requires that much power

jasonchiu said:
i guess :( but then the game doesnt look that advance u know...not like something which requires that much power
i wont explain it in detail, but GTASA uses DirectX9 whereas GTAVC and GTAIII use DirectX8.
The Geforce FX series suck at DirectX9 so they use DirectX8.1 (which has less features and less detail etc). Possibly GTASA enforces the use of DX9...

gtasanandreas10x7low8cw.jpg

its not really easy for GPU's as you can see...

What about SLI? Or the geforce 7800gtx?

P.S. I had the same problem with my comp (IRQL not less or equal) it turned out to be that I needed sp2 to run a pcie videocard, and I needed to turn the voltage up on my ram (2.6v up to 3.0v). It works fine now.

I run San Andreas on an AMD Athlon +2200 with 512RAM and Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 with 128MB RAM, which is now quite an old graphics card but it works like a charm! Full detalils and all...

That's cool you can get by with a TI 4200. I had that card in one of my PCs, but just sold it on Ebay since Battlefield 2 didn't support it ;)

Yep, I, too am running GTA:SA on relatively low-end hardware. Athlon 2200+, 1gb DDR, GeForce FX5700LE (256mb version)

Works great, though I don't know what my detail settings are. I'd love to get a card that really supports DX9, but they're still a bit too rich for my blood... My maximum upgrade cost on a videocard (or any major upgrade for that matter) is around $100. So my machine usually consists of last year's technology, at the very least. Good enough for me, though!

BTW- to fix your problem, Jason, try smashing your screen against something. I'm sure that'll help.

well i gave up on my desktop and is now a download and video watching salve. all it does now is download and upload 24/7

i uninstalled the graphics driver and now i can watch videos all day without crashing.

only thing is that even when i scroll pages it lags, like u see layers lol. o well like i said its so worthless i only download stuff with it. :evil:

zomg, i tried to be smart. i uninstalled all the video drivers from add/remove and like form right click computer- properties-video card section-uninstall driver.

then restarted and installed the newest one off nvidea site.

start a video (happens to be top gear) second it start its kinda in negative but in color but its like powdery, ifu know what i mean, then crash! WOHOO! SCORE!!!

uninstalling drivers, dont give a shit bout slower computer and lagging web scrolling, rather watch videos!