Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

2010 Mustang GT (V-8)
0-60 - 5.1 seconds

2015 Mustang Ecoboost (Turbo 4)
0-60 - 5.2 Seconds

Not bad. I would still get the V6. Plenty of power for me, lower cost, minimal impact on MPG, and no 4-cyl drone.

It was a link from Yahoo's front page, but I think it was Car & Driver

They are pretty harsh on the 4 banger for some reason.
Cause they don't like the concept of a four banger Mustang. Period. See:
C&D said:
The 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost is the answer to a question that was asked during the last oil crisis. Which, if you were born later than 1979, was blessedly over by the time you arrived. In the aftermath, Ford took a whack at the challenge of creating a sporty fuel-sipper with the turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang SVO, which was available from 1984 through 1986. The market yawned. Fuel prices crashed, and anyway, we don?t buy pony cars for their efficiency. A four-cylinder, no matter what its output on paper, is nothing short of the downright emasculation of the American dream.

Oh I read that. Seems just a bit unfair. Seems like the SVO was fairly well received in its day, critically anyway.
Did they like it back then?

Definitely. Makes today's hate very irritating.

It should be judged on its merit, not on it's perceived masculinity. That's just absurd and old fashioned. Dislike.

Edit: I should have actually read the article. They had good points and it is basically what I've been predicting since the ecoboost was announced.

Last edited:
Cause they don't like the concept of a four banger Mustang. Period. See:

Well now I have to definitely write off C&D entirely...

...nothing short of the downright emasculation of the American dream.

are they serious with this shit? The Turbo-4 isn't for the baby-boomers, this should be obvious to C&D and therefore don't need to curtail the language in article to play into the 'merica bigotry of that demographic.

Last edited:
Dissing the SVO sounds like the kind of quickly-Googled hubbub akin to "All the Pintos exploded" and "The Mustang II was a total failure".

Looks OK. Never have been a fan of these cars, mainly because for the price you could build one heck of a fast car.

These are for those that can't