Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

I drove my Mustang to Orlando last summer and it did very well. Granted it's not the track designed version but, still. It's not Lincoln Town Car but, it's a back breaker.

I had no problems in my Track Pack on my big roadtrip last year, I did 17 hours straight on the way home with no breaks and I was tired, but no real discomfort.

I don't proofread. I meant to say, it's not a back breaker.

Pricing for the GT350 has finally been revealed?

In the US... congratulations. This thing is a bargain.

In Canada? Fuck you, Ford.
Fuck you fuck you fuck you
**** YOU and *** your dead mother****ing skank of a ****

FIFTEEN FUCKING THOUSAND dollars over the price of the US car, far and away above and beyond any recent exchange rate "difference" and free trade, my ass. In the US, this car is apparently going to start a good 8-9 grand less than a base C7. In Canada... the C7 is cheaper. Thanks Ford, you've helped me knock one car off my list after the F22 lease runs out.

Last edited:

FIFTEEN FUCKING THOUSAND dollars over the price of the US car, far and away above and beyond any recent exchange rate "difference" and free trade, my ass. In the US, this car is apparently going to start a good 8-9 grand less than a base C7. In Canada... the C7 is cheaper. Thanks Ford, you've helped me knock one car off my list after the F22 lease runs out.

They're not the only ones.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-car-buyers-blocked-from-cheaper-u-s-prices-1.2435299

You thought printing everything in English and French and having all your management employees be bilingual comes free? (Canada has mandatory bilingual almost everything, for those that don't know.) Kick Quebec out, kill the bilingual laws, problem (partly) solved. :p

At least you get it. Here in the land down backwards we cannot.
Even if we could, 62k would be a bargain, we'd be looking at at least 90 - 100k.

They're not the only ones.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-car-buyers-blocked-from-cheaper-u-s-prices-1.2435299

You thought printing everything in English and French and having all your management employees be bilingual comes free? (Canada has mandatory bilingual almost everything, for those that don't know.) Kick Quebec out, kill the bilingual laws, problem (partly) solved. :p
You're talking about something different though. And no, kicking Quebec out wouldn't touch that problem one bit. Nor would the "bilingual signage and language" issue. Trust me.

I'm talking about the actual prices being set by the Canadian arm of an international car company. I just gave an example of Chevrolet (and Dodge, for that matter) making their V8 powered fun cars relatively affordable in this country. Ford's standard V8 powered Mustangs are also priced appropriately. But man, did they just screw us over on the GT350.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you get it. Here in the land down backwards we cannot.
Even if we could, 62k would be a bargain, we'd be looking at at least 90 - 100k.
Fair point. Thank you for the perspective. :)

I'm still mad at FoMoCo Canada, though.

While that may look like a bargain on paper, it may not turn out to be that, at least initially. According to this, they're only going to make 100 Shelby GT350s, and 37 GT350Rs this year. Depending on how large demand there is for these, I can imagine only a few will be sold at MSRP, they may be given a huge markup by the dealer. With similar high-demand performance cars dealers have taken ridiculous markups, for instance 911 GT3s are known to have been given hefty markups by some dealers, same thing is happening with the Cayman GT4.

The lesson here seems to be that with performance cars that are in high demand (demand outstripping supply by far) you have to be prepared to pay a lot over MSRP until the hype settles, and supply catches up with demand.

Last edited:
The 2015s are going to be the big money cars. There will be a way to get a 2016 at MSRP. Same as the Boss. Same as the GT500. Just have to put the effort in.

That's a steal given the performance. Under 50k MSRP? Ludicrous. I was expecting 65 for the 350 and 80+ for the R.

You're talking about something different though. And no, kicking Quebec out wouldn't touch that problem one bit. Nor would the "bilingual signage and language" issue. Trust me.

I'm talking about the actual prices being set by the Canadian arm of an international car company. I just gave an example of Chevrolet (and Dodge, for that matter) making their V8 powered fun cars relatively affordable in this country. Ford's standard V8 powered Mustangs are also priced appropriately. But man, did they just screw us over on the GT350.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair point. Thank you for the perspective. :)

I'm still mad at FoMoCo Canada, though.

How far are you from the US? Couldn't you buy one here and import it?

How far are you from the US? Couldn't you buy one here and import it?
1) Not that far at all, but
2) No, for a variety of reasons, as below:

i) The cost of getting it across customs and having it legally registered for Canadian use via taxes and a host of other fees means the savings would be minimal and the effort huge

ii) Despite US-Canada "Free Trade" (a complete and utter farce), all the major US automakers have threatened legal action against any of their dealers who sell to Canadians, so without a US address (and possibly a SSN) it's not going to happen. Even if it does? The Canadian consortium of automakers (incl. Ford), refuse to honour any warranties. I'm serious. So no, not worth it.

Honestly, for the price, in this country, I would go C7. Ford can fuck themselves for this decision.

1) Not that far at all, but
2) No, for a variety of reasons, as below:

i) The cost of getting it across customs and having it legally registered for Canadian use via taxes and a host of other fees means the savings would be minimal and the effort huge

ii) Despite US-Canada "Free Trade" (a complete and utter farce), all the major US automakers have threatened legal action against any of their dealers who sell to Canadians, so without a US address (and possibly a SSN) it's not going to happen. Even if it does? The Canadian consortium of automakers (incl. Ford), refuse to honour any warranties. I'm serious. So no, not worth it.

Honestly, for the price, in this country, I would go C7. Ford can fuck themselves for this decision.

Nah, just move down here.

There's only one question when trying to select between a Mustang or a Corvette: are you retired and want to become a selfish jackass?

FTFY.

At least, that's how all corvette owners I've met act like. These people usually also own a '57 Chevy.