Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

That's an interesting way to describe an advertising video produced by Ford entitled Sounds of the Shelby GT350R...

Stuff sounds different because you limited by headphones or speakers. Real life is the only true way to hear car exhaust in my opinion.

2017 info is up. The "regular cars" lose Competition Orange, Guard Green, and Deep Impact Blue, but gain Grabber Blue as an option (LOVE Grabber Blue!).

More interesting is the changes to the GT350. Same colour changes as above, but the "base" car is no more. All GT350s for 2017 will come with what used to be the optional Track Pack. Which means you can now get one with a Track Pack and an optional Tech Pack, something Ford wouldn't let you do for 2016. No word on whether Ford price increase the price of the base car accordingly with what used to be a 6500 USD option.

I want a Grabber Blue GT350. It's a shame it costs so much in this country.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44827

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44874

I really don't understand the appeal, saw one in person and a 370z in a similar color and I just don't get it...

Looks great on non-cars, too. :)

pb5-gb-bg-pjac-ph-126177_gallery.jpg

Bummer that they're dropping Competition Orange, but I suppose it wasn't popular enough. I also liked Guard Green, since it kinda had that Bullit look to it.

I am interested in the other new blue (Lightning Blue) that they're adding. I hope it's got a bit more character than Deep Impact Blue.

Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

I'm in the same boat, mine is deep impact blue and I like that ten times better than grabber blue...

I loved the orange but if it didn't sell we'll then meh. I think I like the maroon color the most do far other than black of course.

I really dislike Grabber Blue. I actually don't like any shade of blue on any car.... Don't look at my Miata.

I really dislike Grabber Blue. I actually don't like any shade of blue on any car.... Don't look at my Miata.
Do whatever you can at Ford and please make sure they still build the GT350 for the 2018 model year, as that's likely the earliest I'll be able to purchase one (that or an SRT392). These rumours of a 2018 GT500 replacing the GT350 are killing me.

I loved the orange but if it didn't sell we'll then meh.

I was about to say, if anyone picked up a GT350R in competition orange, it could be a very rare car, but apparently they didn't offer that color on the R model, just the standard GT350. They did offer DI blue on the GT350R though, but I'm going to assume that was a far more popular color choice with buyers.

Lots of buzz online about the 2018 refresh with some dealer order sheet info. Supposedly all the "base" cars will look more like the GT350, and in addition to some performance upgrades, have the options of dual exhaust and magnetic dampers (again, similar to the GT350). Looking forward to hearing if that info pans out at the NAIAS next week.

Two of the more reputable posters on M6G (with reported ties to Ford) are dropping various hints that a few new special models may be on their way. Rampant speculation of possible Mach 1s, 50th anni Bullitts, and possibly a spiritual successor to the Boss 429.

I wonder what our resident Russian Ford employee knows... (I know, I know, whatever you do know you aren't allowed to tell, not your project, yards yadda).

I know things. I know some things online are true. I know some things online are false. I know that what I know will remain known by me until it is made public by the company first.

What annoys me most is how some people are so sure of certain things, when in reality they know nothing. I also think that anyone who actually knows things and leaks those details to forums/blogs/magazines is a twat. And that includes engineers, assembly workers, dealer employees, and anyone else in the chain.

Last edited:
I know things. I know some things online are true. I know some things online are false. I know that what I know will remain known by me until it is made public by the company first.

What annoys me most is how some people are so sure of certain things, when in reality they know nothing. I also think that anyone who actually knows things and leaks those details to forums/blogs/magazines is a twat. And that includes engineers, assembly workers, dealer employees, and anyone else in the chain.

Some people feel the need to be the first to tell of new things what better stage to show that on than leaking car news to the public before the company can, nice way to steal the spotlight. Goes to show how hard Ford worked at keeping the new GT under wraps and what Dodge did while they worked on the Gen V Viper street and race car.

Off topic any idea to the future of the Flex/MKT did Lincoln quietly kill the MKT? We are looking at getting an MKT next fall to replace our Edge, Lincolns website doesn't mention anything about a 2017 yet the Ford site has a 2017 Flex.

Some people feel the need to be the first to tell of new things what better stage to show that on than leaking car news to the public before the company can, nice way to steal the spotlight.

Add that to the fact that very few get called out on their shit when their proclamations are wrong.

It's just wishful thinking. People are excited about this stuff. If there wasn't so much anticipation, no one would take any notice of rumors, which would kill them in their tracks.