Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

Ford's ecoboost V6 in the F150 has just about zero turbo lag anyways. Just gobs of torque. I'm sure it will be able to keep that same characteristic in the future Mustang.

Even with a live rear axle, the current Mustang handles better than its competion from GM and Dodge. If the new one actually has a proper rear suspension as predicted, this should be a truly sick beast. I do hope that they stick with the naturally-aspirated V6 rather than going turbo on the V6 option. 305 HP is quite a lot for a car the size of the Mustang and unless the new car is way heavier than the current one, the extra power won't be worth the turbo lag.

If 305hp is enough, what say you about the 420hp GT, the 444hp Boss, or the 662hp GT500? :p

So December 5th? Can't wait!
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/11/19/2015-ford-mustang-will-officially-debut-on-december-5/
Back in October Reuters reported that a handful of journalists would be getting a sneak peek at the 2015 Ford Mustang, with the official unveiling of the car coming sometime in December. Now, thanks to the official Ford Mustang YouTube page, we can tell you the exact date: December 5th. Forget all the spy photos. Discard all those renderings. You?ll be getting your first look official at the 2015 Ford Mustang on the first Thursday in December.
The date was revealed in the description for a series of ?Mustang Inspires? videos, which invites people to share their stories of inspiration using photographs and the hashtag #MustangInspires. The description states that ?On December 5th, Ford will take the cover off the all-new Mustang, the sixth generation of the iconic pony car that will celebrate 50 years in production next year.?
Let the countdown begin?

If 305hp is enough, what say you about the 420hp GT, the 444hp Boss, or the 662hp GT500? :p
All of those are naturally aspirated, so none of them pay for their power with lag. Having enough power doesn't mean that having more than enough isn't good too. ;)

All of those are naturally aspirated, so none of them pay for their power with lag. Having enough power doesn't mean that having more than enough isn't good too. ;)

In general, the ecoboost turbos aren't exactly terrible in terms of lag, so "paying for power with lag" is a bit of a strong statement.

Also, you might want to check the gt500 again. That said, superchargers are (generally) touted for their lack of lagginess.

Last edited:
I'm happy with 260hp...

Im going to say that you need to look up what "Naturally-Aspirated" means. The GT500 is supercharged.

Im going to say that you need to look up what "Naturally-Aspirated" means. The GT500 is supercharged.

Hmm. I didn't realize that. I had thought it was un-blown. Still, superchargers don't lag either, as they don't rely on exhaust gas pressure to work.

The problem isn't exhaust gases, it's the inertia that's needed to make the blower move if I'm not mistaken.

Superchargers do still have parasitic loss and depending on setup there can be an initial slight bog on launch. A blower is therefore not instant but near instant in this case and it's at just off idle only. However, it's not at all like waiting for your exhaust gases to spin up an impeller in a turbo.

The old adage of "if you're lagging, you're in the wrong gear" still applies.If I punch it north of 3k RPM I get pretty much instantaneous power; sure it's no motorcycle, but in the right rev range I just don't feel the alleged lag.

What if you punch it at 3k in the 96?

You're probably close to the redline by then. It doesn't have a tach so I have no idea.

I have a 2.0 Ecoboost and it isn't laggy at all. I love the engine.

Autoweek leaked it. Below are some shots of the upcoming Autoweek article on the new 'Stang that include the first photos out there. It's different that we thought, with less influence from that radical concept we saw a while back. I personally really like it and I can't wait to see better pictures.

001-2015-ford-mustang-leak-1.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It want this as a Capri.