Is this it? 2015 6th gen Mustang

The new Mustang will have headlights. Possibly two.
At least one model will have a steering wheel.
Engine displacements will be no more than thirty liters.
Final horsepower numbers will be integers.
The Mustang will continue to be sold at Ford dealerships.

Love it, thanx for that.

WOW! Revolutionary! How will Chevy compete?

Badly, if past evidence is anything to go by.

They will make a horrible commercial about how Ford is trying to be like Chevy or by Howie Long, with a small child standing next to him,

Howie: This is the new Camero and this is the new Mustang, the Mustang needs engine power and fuel to climb a hill, the Camero doesnt because it uses an applied technology call accelerator injection where, when you press the gas pedal, fuel is sprayed into a cylinder and explodes in fire causing the wheels to turn. This happens a bunch of times per second.

Little Girl: Smiles at camera and look cute

Howie: Looks at little girl and asks: How do you get up a hill

Little Girl: in the cutest way possible please: I use my legs!

Howie: Exactly. So, the ford mustang needs more power than a little girl just to climb a hill

Howie: in fact, ford has become so desperate to keep up with the Camero that have turned to european companys to help improve thier product. We wouldnt ever do that as we know how much you love the cars we build.

Close:
Howie: Chevy, because we dont know what were are doing.

END

Sorry, its probably not great but i just threw it together during class (cuz i hate this class)

+1 to all of you. Thank you for making me laugh my ass off.

They will make a horrible commercial about how Ford is trying to be like Chevy or by Howie Long, with a small child standing next to him,

Howie: This is the new Camaro and this is the new Mustang. The Mustang needs engine power and fuel to climb a hill, the Camaro doesnt because it uses an applied technology called accelerator injection where, when you press the gas pedal, fuel is sprayed into a cylinder and explodes in fire causing the wheels to turn. This happens a bunch of times per second.

Little Girl: (Smiles at camera and look cute)

Howie: (Looks at little girl and asks) How do you get up a hill?

Little Girl: (In the cutest way possible please) I use my legs!

Howie: Exactly. So, the Ford Mustang needs more power than a little girl just to climb a hill

Howie: In fact, Ford has become so desperate to keep up with the Camaro that have turned to European companies to help improve their product. We wouldn't ever do that as we know how much you love the cars we build.

Close:
Howie: Chevy, because we don't know what we are doing.

END

Sorry, it's probably not great but i just threw it together during class (cuz i hate this class)

At least it's better than the commercial for the new 2014 Chevy Silverado where the actor says, "When it comes to a quiet cab, Chevy is second to nobody in its class. And when I say nobody I mean Ford and Ram"

So Chevy is second to Ford & Ram? I mean, I knew that already but it's pretty shocking to hear it from GM's own advertising agency.

Last edited:
At least it's better than the commercial for the new 2014 Chevy Silverado where the actor says, "When it comes to a quiet cab, Chevy is second to nobody in its class. And when I say nobody I mean Ford and Ram"

So Chevy is second to Ford & Ram? I mean, I knew that already but it's pretty shocking to hear it from GM's own advertising agency.

pay attention to that commercial, i fairly sure he compares the Chevy V8 to the Ford V6...

Well, they can do what they have been doing for the past 5 years. Outsell the Mustang. :p

That doesnt make it a good car that just makes it a good seller. The camry is the "best selling car in america" but i think we can all agree that its a pile of boring shit.

That doesnt make it a good car that just makes it a good seller. The camry is the "best selling car in america" but i think we can all agree that its a pile of boring shit.

Careful, you're starting to sound like Camaro fans for the past 50 years. :p

pay attention to that commercial, i fairly sure he compares the Chevy V8 to the Ford V6...

Must have picked up a few tricks from Dodge/Ram where they frequently compare the Hemi (Their optional V8) to Ford's 5.0. (Their base V8)

but atleast its V8 vs V8!

If you're comparing something like the quietness of the cabin, then a V6 is better. It's a smaller engine, so it should be quieter. So for a V8 truck to be quieter than a V6 truck... that is an accomplishment. Same goes for fuel economy. Now if they were comparing towing capacity or acceleration, then yeah, the V8 would have the advantage and it would be a pointless comparison.

Except the Mustang came first. Astons started looking like Mustangs after '65.

That was his point. With the new Mustang possibly looking so much like an Aston, they'd now be copying them back.

Must have picked up a few tricks from Dodge/Ram where they frequently compare the Hemi (Their optional V8) to Ford's 5.0. (Their base V8)

I've also noticed how all of those commercials fail to mention that other than the Ram Mega Cab, the regular Ram and Chevy/GMC twins are tinycompared to the F150. The amount of interior space in the F150 is hilarious compared to the puny cab of the GM trucks.

And on topic, I hope they don't do a 10 speed auto, the only way it could maybe work is if they have 5 ratios they use for up shifting and 5 ratios for down, similar to what chrysler did with it's early 5 speed autos that were really 4 speeds with 2 second gears.

we could buy the last generation too

only ford wanted $100k for it

True, but I should have specific that it would be eminently affordable. If Ford is going to compete against the Commodore with this, it has be be within to $40-50k bracket.

That would mean it would have to be built locally, no?

That would mean it would have to be built locally, no?

If you're referring to Mustang availability in Australia, no. The reason why they will be available locally is that Ford are shutting down all Australian manufacturing and with it, the Falcon. Mustangs would be imported as RHD models.

Even with a live rear axle, the current Mustang handles better than its competion from GM and Dodge. If the new one actually has a proper rear suspension as predicted, this should be a truly sick beast. I do hope that they stick with the naturally-aspirated V6 rather than going turbo on the V6 option. 305 HP is quite a lot for a car the size of the Mustang and unless the new car is way heavier than the current one, the extra power won't be worth the turbo lag.

Even with a live rear axle, the current Mustang handles better than its competition from GM and Dodge. If the new one actually has a proper rear suspension as predicted, this should be a truly sick beast. I do hope that they stick with the naturally-aspirated V6 rather than going turbo on the V6 option. 305 HP is quite a lot for a car the size of the Mustang and unless the new car is way heavier than the current one, the extra power won't be worth the turbo lag.

are you sure this forum is where you meant to be? Are you sure that you understand what we talk about here? "305hp is [enough]", are you mad? I sure the F&^% hope your trolling!