• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Is your ISP messing with BT?

///M

Mine is, and I gave the new BitComet a try, definite improvement.

Went from single digit download and uploads to 50-100kB/s, not the fastest, but the connection is real shitty, and the router isn't that special. Not to mention there's 9 people using the same connection. I know there are some people who are having trouble with BT, I always see them in IRC. Give this a shot, if it helps post back, I want to know if this really works. I plan to let the whole cot damn area know about this and screw this ISP over.

EDIT: Forgot to mention what's different this time around, BitComet 0.60 has some encryption going on. I have no idea how that works, but it sure does help.

well for mine, whenever i turn on any torrents, i tried bitcomet and utorrent, i get a similar disconnect of my network.

Here's a scenario:

D/ling off IRC or FTP for hours. Everything fine
Open up bitcomet -> "LOCAL NETWORK CABLE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED"
then it reconnects
Run some torrents would result in disconnect every 10 or so min, not exactly.

I think it has more to do with my router than ISP.

port is already forwarded. What's UPnP? where do i turn it off?

AxlxA said:
port is already forwarded. What's UPnP? where do i turn it off?

Go into your router settings and find it. In your browser type in 192.168.0.1 enter name and password (most likely administrator/administrator) and find uPNP settings.

I have a Dlink DI-524, should Gaming Mode be on? I just found out from here that uPnP should be off. Why is that?

Oh yeah, is this router suitable for 9 people? All the wired connections (I think 3 or 4) are used, and the rest are on wireless.

///M said:
I have a Dlink DI-524, should Gaming Mode be on? I just found out from here that uPnP should be off. Why is that?

Oh yeah, is this router suitable for 9 people? All the wired connections (I think 3 or 4) are used, and the rest are on wireless.

I have that same router with gaming mode on. Never had problems with that setting.

The most people I've ever had on that router at once is 4, so I don't know how many it can handle.

What version of firmware are you running? I find that 3.02 works the best for me. The newer version kept causing my connection to disconnect momentarily.

thanks, just found upnp, it's quite hidden.

A router (wireless or not) can gernally handle an entire subnet of folks, which is more than 200 (usually 254) the only limiting facotr is the total bandwidth available to you!

///M said:
Firmware Version: 1.05b14

It's the wireless version.

Yeah, mine is the wireless version too. I think all DI-524's are wireless. Your's is revision A (an older version) mine is revision C.

Some ISPs block ports used by common filesharing programs (such as Azureus). To get around this, just forward a different port instead of the default one the program uses. Also, make sure you change the default port in the filesharing program to the new one.

jeffy777 said:
///M said:
Firmware Version: 1.05b14

It's the wireless version.

Yeah, mine is the wireless version too. I think all DI-524's are wireless. Your's is revision A (an older version) mine is revision C.

haha, speaking of the DI-524, some a dude over at broadbandreports discovered that you can flash it up to a DI-624 and get some bonus features, like Super-G and WPA-2. A lot of people have tried and confirmed it:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15034139~days=9999
(even made the front page forum news!)

You have to have revision C though since it uses the same Atheros chip as the DI-624. Older revisions won't work.