It is now a race for BBC to get new Top Gear out before the boys setup shop

More to the point he has been uncharacteristically silent since the "verdict" was handed down. A heartfelt public apology not only to Oisin Tymon but the rest of the crew and the millions of fans worldwide should have been delivered in very short order. It may be forthcoming but until it is while my respect for Jeremy's undeniable talent remains virtually undiminished much less can be said for my opinion of the man.

That may be because on-going legal implications might prevent him from so doing at this time, but even in that eventuality a press release for clarification would not have gone amiss.

Perfectly put.

I have assumed that he's been told to stay schtum until the Police decide whether they are going to prosecute or not but as time goes on the lack of any statement from him makes him seem a far lesser man than I want to remember him as.

Last edited:
So many BBC shills in this thread. Why would you not hope for the trio to come together again?

I just read the entire thread for the first time and I have to say that I thought a few responses to your original post were a bit harsh. I thought, well why isn't he allowed to express his opinion even if it's not a popular one? Maybe I was trying to "read between the lines" and somewhat guess what your thought process was when you wrote it. If you remove some of your wording I suppose that indeed, regardless of how remote the possibility of competing with their former presenters, the thought might cross the BBC's mind. So I had no problem supporting your rather unpopular conjecture. That unfortunately ended when you threw out the comment above. The minute you start the name-calling, your argument's validity becomes suspect. Even though you completely misused the word "shills", I believe it was meant as an insult and as a result my interest in your topic evaporated. Best of luck though.

Perfectly put.

I have assumed that he's been told to stay schtum until the Police decide whether they are going to prosecute or not but as time goes on the lack of any statement from him makes him seem a far lesser man than I want to remember him as.

While true to an extend, what he states in the open does not necessarily have to match what he states in person.

Frankly, while it seems that most people are expecting CHM to start a new motoring show together "on another network," I tend to think that it probably won't happen. After 12 years with "new Top Gear" and some years with "old Top Gear" before that, with Jeremy and James both in their fifties, I could see them feeling that enough is enough, and that they can now move on to do other things with their lives. I also wonder what their contracts to continue with the ex-Top Gear Live shows might do to gum up the works of going to some other network, at least until those contracts are done.

So, the future I see is Andy Wilman sticking with Top Gear and reinventing it with three new presenters, and CHM just going on their separate ways. Of course, anything could happen, but I think there's a slightly better chance that something like that will happen, over CHM getting together again to do a Top Gear clone motoring show on another network.

Its not a race if the old Top Gear three set up a show on Netflix where everyone wants. A platform where there's no airtime, strictly watch when you want type of platform.

I had a mental flash of a new future Top Gear with new presenters out at the track talking to camera some day, and in the background three Stigs [one very tall and loud, one very small and excitable, and one slower and heavy set] all being aggressive with each other and kicking each other and otherwise wrestling each other to the ground.

I don't know where this image came from; too much chocolate, I expect.

Reactions: MWF
How thick are you? He PUNCHED a co-worker. That is NEVER acceptable.
Yes, and he has apologized to the co-worker in question, so why should he have to make a public apology?
What I mean by BBC should apologize to Jezza, is the fact that he was on a "final warning" in the first place.
He has done nothing in the past (before the slapping of the co-worker) that would warrant any kind of warning.

Last edited:
I just read the entire thread for the first time and I have to say that I thought a few responses to your original post were a bit harsh. I thought, well why isn't he allowed to express his opinion even if it's not a popular one?
I think that the harshness was fueled by the idea as such, but also by unfortunate wording:

"It is now a race for BBC to get new Top Gear out before the boys setup shop"; "Last thing the BBC wants is going head to head with whatever the boys are cooking up,"; "how embarrassing would it be for new Top Gear to lose viewership to Clarkson's new show?". Those are several assumptions and speculation, presented as facts.

There currently is very little information about the future of Top Gear, Clarkson + Hammond + May as a team as well as as individuals. Of course, thinking about and discussing what the future might bring is perfectly okay, but then it should be presented as that - a thought. Additionally, there is very little chance that there will be any form of decision based on airing date between a reshaped Top Gear and anything Clarkson and possibly his mates might come up with. Viewers would likely be very interested in both at the beginning, so whichever of such shows would make it first would hardly have any impact on its success.

EDIT:
What I mean by BBC should apologize to Jezza, is the fact that he was on a "final warning" in the first place.
He has done nothing in the past (before the slapping of the co-worker) that would warrant any kind of warning.
I don't really understand why you think Clarkson did not deserve those previous warnings, but either way: he knew that he had received his final warning and he accepted it. So even if he himself thought that they were not warranted, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of his latest actions.

Last edited:
EDIT:
I don't really understand why you think Clarkson did not deserve those previous warnings, but either way: he knew that he had received his final warning and he accepted it. So even if he himself thought that they were not warranted, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of his latest actions.
Because I don't think being the opposite of Politically Correct is something that should warrant a warning.
This world is getting dumbed down by all this PC nonsense everywhere.
Let people speak their minds and meet them with arguments, not warnings! (Even if ten thousands of the public get their panties in a bunch and calls the BBC to complain)

Last edited:
Yes, and he has apologized to the co-worker in question, so why should he have to make a public apology?

The previous warnings had nothing to do with his not getting resigned. He punched a coworker, period, end of story!

More to the point he has been uncharacteristically silent since the "verdict" was handed down. A heartfelt public apology not only to Oisin Tymon but the rest of the crew and the millions of fans worldwide should have been delivered in very short order. It may be forthcoming but until it is while my respect for Jeremy's undeniable talent remains virtually undiminished much less can be said for my opinion of the man.

That may be because on-going legal implications might prevent him from so doing at this time, but even in that eventuality a press release for clarification would not have gone amiss.

In some places (I'm not honestly sure about the UK), an apology (public or private) is tantamount to a confession of guilt and is acceptable as such in a court of law. With the police being open about the possibility of an investigation, it's entirely probably his lack of apology or statement is upon the advice of his legal counsel.

I think that the harshness was fueled by the idea as such, but also by unfortunate wording:

"It is now a race for BBC to get new Top Gear out before the boys setup shop"; "Last thing the BBC wants is going head to head with whatever the boys are cooking up,"; "how embarrassing would it be for new Top Gear to lose viewership to Clarkson's new show?". Those are several assumptions and speculation, presented as facts.

There currently is very little information about the future of Top Gear, Clarkson + Hammond + May as a team as well as as individuals. Of course, thinking about and discussing what the future might bring is perfectly okay, but then it should be presented as that - a thought. Additionally, there is very little chance that there will be any form of decision based on airing date between a reshaped Top Gear and anything Clarkson and possibly his mates might come up with. Viewers would likely be very interested in both at the beginning, so whichever of such shows would make it first would hardly have any impact on its success.

I do not disagree with what you say here. I think we both agree that the wording was not the best as I expressed on the latter part of my paragraph:

"Maybe I was trying to 'read between the lines' and somewhat guess what your thought process was when you wrote it. If you remove some of your wording I suppose that indeed, regardless of how remote the possibility of competing with their former presenters, the thought might cross the BBC's mind."

Personally, I couldn't even begin to predict what the future might bring. There are an enormous number of variables involved and as opposed to a math problem, peoples emotions will play a role in this matter. My hope however, is that some kind of high-quality motoring show would be aired by somebody and on a personal note, I would like to see all three of the guys work together in the future. Regardless of the chosen forum or format, it's hard to find the kind of chemistry they shared and it would be a shame to have that gone forever.

In some places (I'm not honestly sure about the UK), an apology (public or private) is tantamount to a confession of guilt and is acceptable as such in a court of law. With the police being open about the possibility of an investigation, it's entirely probably his lack of apology or statement is upon the advice of his legal counsel.

I share your view on this as I stated on another thread. Perhaps the laws are much different in the U.K., but in other parts of the world that I am more familiar with, no attorney would allow Clarkson to speak about this until after all legal matters are fully resolved. In the U.S.A. for example, regardless of any criminal prosecution or lack thereof, a civil suit would be promptly filed against someone of Clarkson's means. In a civil proceeding, not only is the burden of proof by the plaintiff much lower than in a criminal case, but the onus placed on the attorneys in order to introduce evidence is also lowered. It is therefore highly risky for a defendant to speak out while there is pending legislation looming.

They don't care and Clarkson doesn't have a new show yet.
The Top Gear team shouldn't rush anything, they still have to get the remaining films put into the specials which were talked about and they also need to sort out the future of Top Gear without Clarkson.
What sort of show will it be, how will it work if it's May and Hammond? Or just May or Just Hammond? Do they find a Clarkson replacement? What if they decide to look for new hosts do they continue the 3 presenter format or try something different.
There is a whole lot to think about even Jeremy is probably thinking about Top Gear Live and getting his life in order more so then a new show, it's not like he's desperate for money the guy just had a new Mercedes delivered.

What planet are you on?

There will be no Top Gear with May and Hammond. You will not see either of them in a Top Gear episode ever again. The show is done, finished. The BBC may replace it with another motoring show but it will not resemble Top Gear in any way and will be far more in line with the cultural-marxist agenda the station promotes.

Whether or not the boys re-appear is another matter. They don't need the money, but Clarkson is a workaholic and he won't want to retire. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up with another show and hopefully on a proper channel not the BBC.

Since when has it ever been uncharacteristic to stay quiet about something while the police are investigating? Dude, just shut up.

Since when has it ever been uncharacteristic to stay quiet about something while the police are investigating? Dude, just shut up.

If you had read all of my post which you quoted you would have seen I covered that.

If you had read all of my post which you quoted you would have seen I covered that.

Exactly my point. You just had to make a pointless post to get yourself some more attention and to fuel the fire, but its all perfectly OK because you put a 'disclaimer' at the end. You're a tool.

Actually what I did was make a simple observation based on the facts at hand at the time. And when obliged to respond did so without the need to be reactionary or abusive.

I'm all for a lively debate but I don't see the reason to resort to name calling.

Because I don't think being the opposite of Politically Correct is something that should warrant a warning.
This world is getting dumbed down by all this PC nonsense everywhere.Let people speak their minds and meet them with arguments, not warnings! (Even if ten thousands of the public get their panties in a bunch and calls the BBC to complain)

+1

Exactly my point. You just had to make a pointless post to get yourself some more attention and to fuel the fire, but its all perfectly OK because you put a 'disclaimer' at the end. You're a tool.
You must go far in life with that attitude.

MWF is probably one of the most respected members on the site, and he's certainly not throwing his weight around or living off his reputation. If you get into a spot of verbiage with him here, you likely can't get on with anyone.

Why don't you go drive your precious BMW into a concrete wall at over 100 mph, and leave the world a better place?