Italian authorities bust car counterfeiting ring turning Pontiacs into Ferraris!

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
Wouldn't boost their image if the cars are slow as hell and sound like arse. Also, can't tell from that pic, but a lot of them don't quite look right either.
You overestimate the lay public's ability to perceive.

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
Maybe.

"Wow a Ferrari!"
"Sounds like my Firebird"
"Yeah, doesn't look that special either"
"Don't know what all the fuss is about"

If they don't know its a fake its bad for Ferrari's image.

I would assume that the guys making the cars knew the law, if they didn't they're idiots. I don't see the big problem. I was more pissed off that they didn't let Polyphony include Ferraris in GT4.

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
Oh, know! A fake Gucci bag? NO, NOT THAT!

As if the world doesn't have bigger problems :rolleyes:

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
When I saw your title I was not surprised by your answer... :rolleyes:

Maybe you see it as a big deal because you're Italian, so you're used to being in the environment where it's a big deal. And the opposite for us. It really is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that fake gear is that big a deal anywhere... It's just a joke here.

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
Maybe you see it as a big deal because you're Italian, so you're used to being in the environment where it's a big deal. And the opposite for us. It really is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that fake gear is that big a deal anywhere... It's just a joke here.

The Italian economy practically survives off of their fashion and car industry.* If any fakes get to big it can ruin a brands name and do bad things to their economy.

*I'd like to point out I'm pulling this mostly out of my ass, I know very little about the economy, and even less so about Italy's.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Apparently it's a huge concern to the extent where there are billboards in subway stations and buses admonishing people not to buy fake merchandise, because they're made by children in sweatshops for pennies a week.