Italian authorities bust car counterfeiting ring turning Pontiacs into Ferraris!

Wouldn't boost their image if the cars are slow as hell and sound like arse. Also, can't tell from that pic, but a lot of them don't quite look right either.
You overestimate the lay public's ability to perceive.

Maybe.

"Wow a Ferrari!"
"Sounds like my Firebird"
"Yeah, doesn't look that special either"
"Don't know what all the fuss is about"

If they don't know its a fake its bad for Ferrari's image.

I would assume that the guys making the cars knew the law, if they didn't they're idiots. I don't see the big problem. I was more pissed off that they didn't let Polyphony include Ferraris in GT4.

Oh, know! A fake Gucci bag? NO, NOT THAT!

As if the world doesn't have bigger problems :rolleyes:

When I saw your title I was not surprised by your answer... :rolleyes:

Maybe you see it as a big deal because you're Italian, so you're used to being in the environment where it's a big deal. And the opposite for us. It really is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that fake gear is that big a deal anywhere... It's just a joke here.

Maybe you see it as a big deal because you're Italian, so you're used to being in the environment where it's a big deal. And the opposite for us. It really is hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that fake gear is that big a deal anywhere... It's just a joke here.

The Italian economy practically survives off of their fashion and car industry.* If any fakes get to big it can ruin a brands name and do bad things to their economy.

*I'd like to point out I'm pulling this mostly out of my ass, I know very little about the economy, and even less so about Italy's.

Apparently it's a huge concern to the extent where there are billboards in subway stations and buses admonishing people not to buy fake merchandise, because they're made by children in sweatshops for pennies a week.