Italian redhead

Not sure about that actually, as the official program is quite disappointing. We'll see.
What does it consist of exactly?

Congratulations to your taste , again. & Thanks for the pics :)

I thought a long time of buying a MiTo, but every day I looked at it it seemed to look different. Seeing a car with those chromish-headlamp things, I thought what an awfull car, but yours in complete red looks briliant. Here in Germany Alfa (the general german importer) isnt interested in selling cars, in their car configurator you cant build an red MiTo. WTF

Greetz

You have an 8C and that shitty of a camera?? :lol:

Nice car man, a rare Italian for sure.

That car makes me drool, i absolutely love it!

Then again, who wouldn't want to wank on that car :p

Actually, he's just reaching for the seatbelt.

Meanwhile, a few pics of my car in Balocco. The name won't probably tell much to most of you, but it's a very important place for Alfa Romeo.

359a4

3d7e1

http://img301.imageshack.**/img301/1370/img4223w.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.**/img266/2175/img4229.jpg
http://img36.imageshack.**/img36/2774/img4231c.jpg

Some higher res ones:
3b774

dee74

89edb

Last edited:
Man, your car is freaking gorgeous. Definitely among the most beautiful cars you can buy today, in company with the Vantage V12. Any shots of the interior? What's the significance of the clover leaf?

Enjoy it in good health. :thumbsup:

The cloverleaf is a really important and historic symbol for Alfa Romeo. In the 1920s, one of Alfa's racing drivers was Ugo Sivocci. He was a very good driver, but somehow he couldn't win any races. He was very unlucky, and considered the "eternal second". For the 1923 Targa Florio, in Sicily, he had a cloverleaf, inscribed in a white square, painted on his Alfa Romeo "RL Targa Florio":

post-9-1256567131.jpg

At the end of the race, he was second, while Antonio Ascari, on another Alfa Romeo RL Targa Florio, was first. But, at about 200 yards from the finish line, Ascari's car failed. The mechanics ran to fix the fault, then hopped on Ascari's car, and crossed the finish line with him, still in first position, as he was so far ahead. But Ascari was disqualified, since he couldn't race with his mechanics onboard. So he had to return to the point where his car broke, and drive to the finish line again. But by then, Ugo Sivocci managed to cross the finish line, winning his first race. The cloverleaf worked!

The same year, a few months later, Ugo Sivocci was testing the new Alfa Romeo P1 in Monza. That car didn't have cloverleaves, as the team personnel didn't have the time to paint them on. He crashed and died. From that day, all racing Alfa Romeos had the cloverleaf as a tribute to Ugo Sivocci, now inscribed in a triangle rather than in a square to signify the loss of one of the four drivers of the Alfa Romeo team.

BTW, the P1 he was driving when he died had 17 as its racing number.

Wow, never knew that. Sad story. 17 is bad luck in Italy right? Over here, we fear 13.

^^ Really great to hear a story on automotive history. I was aware that there was a reason for the clover leaf motif, but didn?t recall the details.

So, thank you for that & congrats on getting a great cool car. :cool:

Wow I never realised someone on FG had an 8C! And I am another to believe that the convertible is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. Its an astonishingly good looking piece of kit - well done for owning one! :cool:

However I'm not keen on the MiTo - but you have an 8C so we can let you off for that. Now all you need to do is get your arse down to the 'Ring for an FG meet :p

I found some pics showing some parts of the ordering process.

This was sent to confirm that you passed the selection process and were allowed to buy the car, along with a confirmation letter (my pics):

pack3d91f1.jpg

pack484665.jpg

pack552395.jpg

This is the official catalogue, sent along with the price and option list (not my pics):

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

This is the briefcase they use to show you the various colors (exterior, interior, stitching, wheels, calipers, soft top). Again, not my pics:

IMG00009-20081218-1653.jpg

IMG00011-20081218-1653.jpg

IMG00007-20081218-1653.jpg

IMG00010-20081218-1653.jpg

IMG00008-20081218-1653.jpg

And this is the last thing they send: a tin box with a small "quick reference guide" user manual, both printed and on DVD. The DVD also contains a promotional movie. eBay pics.

21f10

7b022

900bd