Italy - Rome in Photos

Jmiller

Car(s)
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5
This is the first of many posts from my recent vacation. I took over 800 photos in Rome alone. Processing got them down to about 350 and then I had to pick about 100 for a gallery to show family, etc and from that I picked the images below. I have a tone more so if you guys really like something I will possibly post a few more or a gallery.

Also I took quite a few panoramics but I will post all of them in one thread when they are all done which probably wont be for a while.

_MG_7229.jpg

_MG_7319.jpg

_MG_7422.jpg

_MG_7440.jpg

_MG_7457.jpg

_MG_7542.jpg

_MG_7570.jpg

_MG_7572.jpg

_MG_7726.jpg

_MG_7760.jpg

_MG_7790.jpg

_MG_7828.jpg

_MG_7892.jpg

_MG_7921.jpg

_MG_7941.jpg

_MG_7999.jpg

#10 stands out to me as the best..

you had to fool the guards to take pictures in the sistine chapel didn't you? :lol:

Wonderful work, they really give a sense of the place. #6 would make a great transfer too (if, you know, you were into that kind of stuff.)

you had to fool the guards to take pictures in the sistine chapel didn't you? :lol:

+1 they were essentially tackling everyone with a camera out when I went.

No, I had no troubles at all. They did not want flashes but there were tons of people taking photos with and without them. The place was so full with people from every country you could think of communication and movement was near impossible.

Wonderful work, they really give a sense of the place. #6 would make a great transfer too (if, you know, you were into that kind of stuff.)

What is a transfer? Like a iron on tshirt thing?

None of those photos of Italy have an Alfa Romeo in them, so they all suck.

:p

Nics pics JMiller. Rome has some beautiful sights and sites.

Where else can you get a Alfa as a rental too?

What is a transfer? Like a iron on tshirt thing?

Well, that's one type of transfer, but I was thinking more along the lines of this. Basically, you lift the pigment ink off the paper (using water or acetone) and then put it down on another surface (such as watercolor paper, canvas, or fabric.) Here's a link to one of mine if you want to see what one looks like (that was done with water on watercolor paper.)

This whole process is sort of the modern digital equivalent of the Polaroid transfers, which were very cool. In case you have never seen one of those, this is what they look like. Amazing process, really, though the Polaroids were a bit of a bear to work.

I think your #6 would make for a great transfer.

Hertz in the UK actually. Too bad when my mum and I were last there, she refused to drive a manual. :(

Can't wait for the Alfa pics! :D:D:D

Nics pics JMiller. Rome has some beautiful sights and sites.

We got ours at EuropeCar as someone here on FG suggested.

Well, that's one type of transfer, but I was thinking more along the lines of this. Basically, you lift the pigment ink off the paper (using water or acetone) and then put it down on another surface (such as watercolor paper, canvas, or fabric.) Here's a link to one of mine if you want to see what one looks like (that was done with water on watercolor paper.)

This whole process is sort of the modern digital equivalent of the Polaroid transfers, which were very cool. In case you have never seen one of those, this is what they look like. Amazing process, really, though the Polaroids were a bit of a bear to work.

I think your #6 would make for a great transfer.

Hmm, I will have to look into maybe doing that. Thanks for the tip.

Hertz in the UK actually. Too bad when my mum and I were last there, she refused to drive a manual. :(

Can't wait for the Alfa pics! :D:D:D

Well there really are not that many. It was surprising because there were not that many really nice fancy cars like I expected. Saw about a dozen bentlys, 2 Ferrari, no lambos and thousands of bmw, and audis and a Toyota Yaris with a GT-R badge.

We had a 159 Rental as well. Was yours a JTD?

Fantastic car, don't you agree?

We had a 159 Rental as well. Was yours a JTD?

Fantastic car, don't you agree?

Ya we had the 159 JTD. It was a good car and we liked it for the most part. I did not get to drive since it would of cost a fortune to put me on (im 21 yrs old) the rental contract too. My dad drove and he was amazed by the modern Diesel motor. He had not driven a Diesel since the 1970's and really was amazed with how far they have come. We both wish we could get some more nice diesel motors here in the USA. The ride for the most part was nice and the interior was good for a rental car. The car was not without its faults though.

It was really low to the ground, We bottomed out on speed bumps, and drive ways. The front fascia scrapped all the time on stuff. We thought the suspension could have more clearence. We also thought that if they ever come to the USA it would never work great in the snow because of this.

We also had classic Alfa electrics. The first car we got the rear passenger window did not roll up. It only went down, Europe car did switch out the car with another one that worked fine. However this second car one our 3 day started to tell us it needed motor oil, so we pulled off into a service station and checked the oil. It was just fine no problem so the sensor was crazy.

Third, while I cant really blame this on the car and its more the fault of the driver we had a flat tire. The tire jack was really stupidly designed and I ended up scraping my knuckles. That compounded on the fact that we got the flat tire on the day Italy celebrates the Republic and because of this we could not get the car fixed we had to ride around on the small spare tire (no full size spare :( )

Other than that it was a good car.

Ya we had the 159 JTD. It was a good car and we liked it for the most part. I did not get to drive since it would of cost a fortune to put me on (im 21 yrs old) the rental contract too. My dad drove and he was amazed by the modern Diesel motor. He had not driven a Diesel since the 1970's and really was amazed with how far they have come. We both wish we could get some more nice diesel motors here in the USA. The ride for the most part was nice and the interior was good for a rental car. The car was not without its faults though.

It was really low to the ground, We bottomed out on speed bumps, and drive ways. The front fascia scrapped all the time on stuff. We thought the suspension could have more clearence. We also thought that if they ever come to the USA it would never work great in the snow because of this.

We also had classic Alfa electrics. The first car we got the rear passenger window did not roll up. It only went down, Europe car did switch out the car with another one that worked fine. However this second car one our 3 day started to tell us it needed motor oil, so we pulled off into a service station and checked the oil. It was just fine no problem so the sensor was crazy.

Third, while I cant really blame this on the car and its more the fault of the driver we had a flat tire. The tire jack was really stupidly designed and I ended up scraping my knuckles. That compounded on the fact that we got the flat tire on the day Italy celebrates the Republic and because of this we could not get the car fixed we had to ride around on the small spare tire (no full size spare :( )

Other than that it was a good car.

Hmm ours was basically faultless. I wasn't supposed to drive...but I logged probably 600 miles all told. I've never driven a sort of basic midsize car that felt more alive than that Alfa. It just was damn good fun, especially through Tuscany and Amalfi. :mrgreen:

l_d1dd93c65438bb48965bba8f1c36ccd9.jpg

We went in December so it was cold. Hence the gloves.