It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
Season 4 started tonight and I've been waiting forever since last season ended November 07. 10 months and it's still my favorite comedy (since the office went so far downhill last season)

Anybody else enjoy the dysfunctional antics of the boys from pattys pub?

Whoa just noticed it was a double episode, I love you RSS + ScT. I would have just watched the one and went to bed.

Old thread revival time.

Has anyone been watching season 6? After 3 episodes the show has gotten off to a painfully slow start. The third episode in particular seemed completely unlike how an Always Sunny episode should be. Its almost like how Cheers was; if its Always Sunny, they need to be in the bar.

I agree to an extent, but for me it was the first two episodes. I think it's because they stretched the story into two episodes so it didn't have that same closure that a typical episode does. I did find that I enjoyed these first few episodes much more with additional viewings.

I actually welcome scenes outside the bar. They're in the bar so often that whenever they leave they're completely out of their element (which is hilarious to me), maybe it's the 'implication of danger'?

This season does have a different feel though. I feel like Dennis has become a much more primary character, which is welcome for me. He's actually a very good actor.

The episodes have been a bit "meh" so far. Thought the boat one is encouraging.

I feel like Dennis has become a much more primary character

If that is the case, its a shame. Just because the show never had one primary character. The show was always about the gang as a whole for the most part.

I have noticed that it seems to be new writers for the show, whereas back in the day it was actually Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day, or Glen Howerton writing the episodes. Although, last season they weren't writing them all and it was still great. Who knows. It just hasn't been as good.

Last night's episode was fantastic.

Good bump. I liked the first episode better, more Fat Mac. But this season is off to a solid start.

I finally watched an episode of this show. The whole first season infact. So hilarious.

I finally watched an episode of this show. The whole first season infact. So hilarious.

With Sunny, it only goes uphill. I think each season (so far) has been funnier. Crazier, but funnier. And Danny DeVito adds SO much.

Season four was a bit of a let down.

While IASIP isn't one of my favorite shows, I will say that "The Gang Gets Trapped" is probably in my top 50 TV episodes of all time. :p

While IASIP isn't one of my favorite shows, I will say that "The Gang Gets Trapped" is probably in my top 50 TV episodes of all time. :p

Totally agree. So many people I know said they didn't like the episode at all, but the dialogue was probably the best of any episode to date, and absurdity of the situation was so hilarious.

"A leather shop? In Arizona? They'll be out of business in a week's time!"

"Are you not familiar with how a woman urinates?!"

'Mac can I just have one chip?" lol

Great episode. I loved it too.

I'm going to disagree. This season has been mostly awful. I can't believe how bad it has gotten

So far this season, for me, every episode has been a 10 except last night's episode. What was with that? They clearly recycled some old episode that was thrown out (probably for good reason) and fit it in as the flashback. They really phoned that one in.

So far this season, for me, every episode has been a 10 except last night's episode. What was with that? They clearly recycled some old episode that was thrown out (probably for good reason) and fit it in as the flashback. They really phoned that one in.

I thought Frank's Brother was a crap episode. I love Frank, but in moderation. That episode had no funny stuff from the gang and wasn't funny at all to me.

Last night's was eh. A few good moments, but all in all I think they completely dropped the ball on great potential on how Mac got fat. The best part of the episode was them all laughing at him at the end.

I loved last nights ep. We finally got a full dose of Fat Mac. As for being an old ep recycled, the way I saw it, was that they had been planning Fat Mac for quite some time and filmed that bit in advance (btw, you can see that Dee is still pregnant in the flashbacks)
CharDee MacDenis has been the seasons highlight so far.