It's Back! Melbourne/Vic Meet - 26th October > Southwest Vic & The Great Ocean Road

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
It's Back! Melbourne/Vic Meet - 26th October > Southwest Vic & The Great Ocean Road

Here it is, it's back! The Melbourne/Vic Meet is on again! This time around we're going west so I can't wait to meet some new faces and see some old ones again :mrgreen:

PLEASE NOTE: AFTER AN EXPLORATORY RUN LAST WEEKEND, WE'VE CHANGED THE START TIME AND THE ROUTE FOR LESS DISTANCE, MORE DRIVING ENJOYMENT AND ALLOWED A LITTLE BIT MORE TIME FOR THE PICKUP OF OUR GEELONG PEEPS. PEACE.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/14/header.gif

The route is a ripper and isn't as taxing as the length may suggest. We'll meet at Hartley St next to iSubaru @ Docklands at 9.00am for a 9:30am departure. From there we cruise to Geelong where we'll meet our slightly southern compatriots at the Waurn Ponds Bunnings carpark at 10:30. The idea is to head for Anglesea and specifically the ribbon of blacktop that lies yonder, also known as The Great Ocean Road. You may have heard of it. We'll head along the GOR to Apollo Bay and have lunch at the Apollo Bay Hotel, they do a great pub meal. From there we continue west along the best part of the famed Great Ocean Road where it snakes away from the coast and up into the mountains to Lavers Hill. Then we'll turn around, and do it again because it is awesome. After we've seen Apollo Bay for the second time, we'll be treated to one of the best and quietest driving roads I've had the privilege of driving on: Skenes Creek to Forrest. From there it's an easy cruise through Winchelsea and back to Melbourne via Geelong.

What to bring: Full tank of juice, 2-way radio, camera, some money for a counter lunch.

We've had great responses to the cruises so far so please RSVP in this thread and I'll make a list of people coming. If the turn out is good I'll have to make a lunch booking.

And we're getting in even earlier than usual this time so you got HEAPS of time to plan! ;)

In
flyingfridge (Skyline GT-R)
Shane (VU SS Ute)
eddysdaman (Lancer)
Ryan (MGB)
Adam (Passenger somewhere)
Ben (Citroen C4 "Superleggera")
Watto (TBA new wheelz)
aujy (Lotus Elise)
andyhui (Forester GT)
webber + mates (VS Calais)
Nuwanda (the best handling car of all of us = Hertz hijinks :woot:)
JPDyno (VE SS-V)
AussieDaz + mate (MX-5 x2)
iVaz (Toyota Corolla)
SileNceR (MX-5)
Tom (Fiesta XR4)
wiggy_stiggy (BA Fairmont)
Ross_90 (Impreza)
Brendan (Lancer)
Alex (Subaru WRX - He's back!)
Alex's Mate (Hyundai i30 Diesel)
eddy's other uncle (Ovlov C70 T5)

Might Be In
Zesty (Jazz)
robyob (Mundano ;))
Deanodriver (Telstar)
SileNceR's other mate (Long Grain SunRice Lancer)
FF's mate Nessy (VL Turbo Wagon)
jaron_288 (FG Falcon XR6)
jaron_288's mate (CL Valiant)
eddy's uncle (996 Porsche 911 Turbo) :eek:

The Carlton Premeet is not going ahead, just meet us at Subaru at 9am

If you plan to meet up with us in Geelong, we'll be stopping at the Waurn Ponds Bunnings carpark at approximately 10:30. Wait for us on the Colac Rd edge of the carpark.

Last edited:
Oh, I should have a new set of wheels by then... Put me as a yes but put my car as "Misc." <-- Truth be told, it'll most likely be an Outback.

yeah confirming eddys post ill be coming, maybe just maybe i could be on ultra lows by then but not sure, good to see some old faces again :).

I'll be in... with my Forester GT :D... btw with regards to the meet point, is it the actual STi Docklands carpark? or is iSubaru somewhere else?

Actually... nvm, just google earthed it, here's where you turn left guys, right before Subaru

http://img526.imageshack.**/img526/212/picture1uz5.png

Last edited:
There's a possibility I might be able to make it to this one, seeing as I've now got my own car and all.
There'd probably be no point, given my location, heading down the Western Hwy to Melbourne, and
I think I'd have a lot of trouble finding the meet point, as I'm not familiar with the Docklands precinct at all.
If you know what time you'd reach Colac by, perhaps I could join up with you guys somewhere there?

I don't know If I'll be able to keep up with you all, however. :lol:

There's a possibility I might be able to make it to this one, seeing as I've now got my own car and all.
There'd probably be no point, given my location, heading down the Western Hwy to Melbourne, and
I think I'd have a lot of trouble finding the meet point, as I'm not familiar with the Docklands precinct at all.
If you know what time you'd reach Colac by, perhaps I could join up with you guys somewhere there?

I don't know If I'll be able to keep up with you all, however. :lol:

All good, the day isn't about driving fast. I think Clint (silencer) was planning to meet us in Colac so that'll suit fine!

wao once again, i missed last two, i will have to check my schedule. is there any deadline for RSVP

I guess if Sam (flyingfridge) has to book the pub so I would say a couple of days before the cruise?

im not a regular poster here, but id be willing to give this a crack, im always up for a cruise.

id have anywhere from 5 to 10 mates interested, they drive the standard P platers cars, i got a VS Calais (i could dust off my old 68 Corona too, but it wouldnt keep up) other cars include other Crumpledores, XR6's, Cordia, one mate has a Yaris (lol) and many others.

consider me and my mates as curiously interested. ill keep tabs in here.

A friend and I are really interested in attending the meet, but we have no car of our own. We are planning on renting one out for the trip! Hope thats okay?

A friend and I are really interested in attending the meet, but we have no car of our own. We are planning on renting one out for the trip! Hope thats okay?
Wow, that's dedication. I see no reason whatsoever why that wouldn't be okay.

No problem with that. At the end of the day the cruise is just normal people driving normal cars on normal public roads. We'll see you there!! :thumbsup:

Damn me I've missed the last two so I'd better try and get to this one.
MR2 is having a heart transplant so it'll have to be in the Mundano*

Please put me in as a maybe.

*Mondeo (no, not the cool one :-( )

That'd be great, we'd love to entertain you guys, you would be driving on a very nice piece of road. I'm not sure if you guys are tourists or locals but if you're leaving from the city and need some directions, pm me and we'll go to the meet point together.

Sam, please add my mate to the list
Guan (Toyota Corolla Sportivo)

That'd be great, we'd love to entertain you guys, you would be driving on a very nice piece of road. I'm not sure if you guys are tourists or locals but if you're leaving from the city and need some directions, pm me and we'll go to the meet point together.

Sam, please add my mate to the list
Guan (Toyota Corolla Sportivo)

Awesome!! Really looking forward to this meetup!
Not tourists, but I've only been here for a couple of months now so could use the help! We will be leaving from the city most probably. I'll get in touch with you closer to the meet! Cheers :)

Yup, I'm up for this as well, as long as I'm not stuck behind that slow SS ute again. :)

Mazda3 MPS here.