It's here, the new FG Falcon!!

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
And don't it look stunning!

What I predicted about the G-Series was right, the Futura and Fairmont names are dead, replaced by G6, G6E and G6E Turbo.

UPDATE:

XR8 = 290kW 5.4L Boss V8 with semi active exhaust system :D

XR6 Turbo = 270kW Turbo I6

Regular Falcon = 195kW

UPDATE:

Base 4 speed auto replaced by new 5 Speed. ZF 6 Speed auto stays on in the good stuff, New Tremec 6 speed manual replaces both the old 5 speed and the old Tremec T56.

2008fordfalconofficial6.thumbnail.jpg

2008fordfalconofficial5.thumbnail.jpg

XR8_YYPG_7a_700.jpg

XR6%20Turbo_dash%20(9)_700.jpg

XR6%20Turbo_dash%20(3)_700.jpg

XR8-Styleside_L_700.jpg

Last edited:
Front end looks like a Terminator SN95 Mustang.

Front end looks like a Terminator SN95 Mustang.

I don't see that as a bad thing.

It looks great, I wish Ford had decided to import them here.

Oh my...this is awesome! You aussies really are insane :p I would take this XR6 Turbo any day. 270KW!!!

They can't easily, it was designed only to be LHD.

it's to do with the location of various components in the engine bay that would mean alot of re-engineering. AFAIK the HVAC is dead-on where the steering components has to go.

Looks alright, and the XR6 Turbo continues having what I'd say is the best engine ever made here. (shame it's being killed off in 2010)

I reckon it looks more like an evolution of the old BA-BF design. That's not such a bad thing though.

Overall, not bad, looks alright.

I would drive an RHD car here. There aren't many situations where it would be terrible that I can think of other than overtaking on a single carriageway but those are few and far between.

I would drive an RHD car here. There aren't many situations where it would be terrible that I can think of other than overtaking on a single carriageway but those are few and far between.

could you actually register one though?

The grill is a classic EU ford, the headlamps and the bonnet are a bit different, the back is more like an Opel/Vauxhall :p And the ute just looks gross..

The grill is a classic EU ford, the headlamps and the bonnet are a bit different, the back is more like an Opel/Vauxhall :p And the ute just looks gross..

some shit about global design langauge that all the manufactures seem to be hooked on at the momment

A somewhat subtle face lift with new alloys. The interior is good, but somewhat boring. It's good to see the transmissions get the upgrade they deserved -- that base 4 speed auto needed to go.

I'm sure they could've gotten more power out of that 5.4L V8. But I guess 394 BHP will have to do. :p

First Ford I liked since the Ford GT.