It's Seriously Time To Get A New SIARPC Car

A Proton sure wouldnt be a bad choise, because noone tf them seemed to like it in the Cheap and Cheerfull thing.
If it was an Dacia Sandero , I am sure that May would go and kill the producers. :D

Greetz

i would personally love to see a rwd car and see how some of the more impaired drivers handle that at high speeds

Well, after some hardcore research, the quickest new car I can find that's "reasonably priced" (although slightly over ?10,000) is the Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Ralliart 3-door Hatchback which has a list price of ?12,848.99. It has 147 hp :)shock:), is turbocharged :)shock:), does 0-60 mph in 7.4 s :)shock:), it weighs only 2000 lbs (a whole 600 lbs less than the Lacetti :shock:), and it sot of looks like a mini-van-like Lancer Evo X! :mrgreen:

Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

This thing will be quite a lot quicker than the Lacetti.

+1 for the colt ralliart, i have the 06 model, and its brilliant

The guy who made this thead is either :

A mole, Or physic

lol

In all seriousness, a RWD/twitchy car as a SIARPC car does not make any sense. The times on the laptime board are a quite good representation of the driving talents of each celebrity, only altered by the weather conditions. This system only works because the current car is easy to drive, so even the worst driver will clock a quite respectable time since (s)he will be able to stay on track.

With a car that is more difficult to drive, every person below a certain level of driving talent will not be able to clock any useable time. That renders the laptime board absolutely useless, and the SIARPC segment becomes nothing more than a chat between JC and a celebrity.

Seeing the blueish smoke the Lacetti is probably nearing it's end. I wonder how the statistics compare to the old Liana with all of it's clutches etc. :)

They'll probably get another cars which is good value for money (resonably priced of course :) ), so I reckon something Eastern; Japanse or Korean.

S14e07 Spoiler
Pretty much confirmed By Jeremy during the SIARPC that Seasick Steve had the last run in the Lacetti.

:wave: Chevy

IMO the Cruze will end up taking it, as it's the replacement for the Lacetti in the lineup.

Is the Kia Forte sold in the UK? IMO it's be a good choice too if it's available.

the current car is easy to drive, so even the worst driver will clock a quite respectable time since (s)he will be able to stay on track.

With a car that is more difficult to drive, every person below a certain level of driving talent will not be able to clock any useable time.

well the current car isnt meant to be that easy or good to drive at speed. :)

but i do get what you mean. its really a fine balance. yes you want something that anyone can use and handle but on the same hand you want something that those with a bit of skill can do times that pull them away from the less skilled drivers.

so something a little slower than the lacetti would work but not something reeeeeally slow.

A Prius automatic would be amusing. ...

seeing as the cheapest is nearly 20,000 pounds thats not exactly anywhere near reasonably priced. even the mitsubishi colt ralliart is cheaper at less than 13,000 pounds and easily faster.

A Prius automatic would be amusing. ...

Star in a reasonably shit car? :blink:

My vote goes for the Koenigsegg CCXR. It's very very reasonably priced. :nod:

Edit: What about the Fiat 500

Last edited:
Well, a Nissan GTR is reasonably priced.. And it bascially drives itself, doesn't it? :p

Joking aside, I think it would suit them to actually choose an interesting car this time around. The Liana was sort of charming, but the Lacetti.. It's just a big pile of dullnes.

The Suzuki Swift, I think, would be brilliant.. :D Not biased at all there. It is a great little car though :p

But it'll be interesting to see what they'd come up with.. But please, not another Daewoo.

IMO the Cruze will end up taking it, as it's the replacement for the Lacetti in the lineup.

Is the Kia Forte sold in the UK? IMO it's be a good choice too if it's available.

By that logic, the current RPC would be a Suzuki of some kind, and it isn't.

I wonder if they're going to go with another light blue sedan.

Joking aside, I think it would suit them to actually choose an interesting car this time around. The Liana was sort of charming, but the Lacetti.. It's just a big pile of dullness.

Agreed. The Liana had a personality. The Lacetti, on the other hand? Fourteen or so feet of Daewoo/fake!Chevrolet dullness. (All the more reason to use Labcoatguy's idea and let the Touring Car guys loose in them as a destructive send-off.)

I do think, whatever the next RPC is, it'll be blue.

Colt Ralliart, absolutely brilliant choice! The RPC HAS to be dead ugly, and this one fits the bill perfectly!

Wanna cause a riot???
Make it an electric car! :lol:

How about a new segment?

WIARSB

"Woman In A Reasonably Sized Bra". :mrgreen:

The new Polo bluemotion... Then as an added bonus they could record the average fuel consumption off the lap. It'll be quicker then the prius ;)

The Suzuki Swift, I think, would be brilliant.. :D Not biased at all there. It is a great little car though :p

Nooo, I wouldn't want to see one get hurt. I miss my 2005 1.5 in orange.

Besides, the Swift is too small compared to the others, so something like a Cruze makes sense.