It's Seriously Time To Get A New SIARPC Car

there is absolutley no point in getting an i10

Hyundai%20i10%20Era.jpg

or a fiat albea

44974442bcc85105ffb.jpg

but come on, let's face it, it must have to be the dacia sandero.

DACIA%20SANDERO%20GENEVA%202008.jpg

plus, after they're done with it, they can give it to james may.

or alternatively the renault(dacia) logan if they want a 4door saloon, (they're sold in india in RHD)

mahindra_logan_001.jpg

Last edited:
Why not a Fiat Albea?
The Dacia Sandero is, I've got to admit pretty much better looking that the 2 RPCs they had.
The Logan would made a better fit.

Last edited:
Why not a Fiat Albea?
The Dacia Sandero is, I've got to admit pretty much better looking that the 2 RPCs they had.
The Logan would made a better fit.

I don't know what all their exact criteria are but I doubt they'd choose a car that's not in the UK market (right-hand drive), that'd put those three out of the equation.

If the Dacia is coming to this country, I see no reason why they wouldn't use it. Would be interesting to see how a shorter hatch handles compared to the others.

we'd all love to see the Sandero. and actually, if I could import one here to America, it does seem like a good little car. and all Top Gear fans would have a field day whenever I turned up in it.

Do agree with Dacia Sandero, but it would be too obvious. The amount of times they mentioned it during James' original "Great news, the dacia sandero...." segment. And then it appearing this season in the convertible grand tourer segment. Itd be great, but i dont think it would happen.
Also +1 for the suzuki Swift.
Another suggestion that doesnt seem to have been made. I definitely agree not an i10. But how about a Hyundai i20, the base model is ?9,340 - ?9,800 or the slightly higher trim is only just over ?10,000. Its engines arent as powerful as the Lacetti, but the styling's pretty good, and its a modern hyundai so it cant be god awful.

and its a modern hyundai so it cant be god awful.

well i havent driven an i20 however about 3 months ago i did some running about in an i30(for nearly 2 weeks) and while it may not be god awful its certainly not really good either. very cheap feeling to it. i have to wonder how long it would last as well. 7 series being thrashed ? hmmm have serious doubts.

I don't know what all their exact criteria are but I doubt they'd choose a car that's not in the UK market (right-hand drive), that'd put those three out of the equation.

Given that the Liana and the Lacetti were both around the ?10,000 mark, I'd imagine the new RPC will cost about the same. And yeah; it'd be something in right-hand drive (otherwise Jeremy wouldn't have to tease any US guests about being on "the correct side of the car" ;)).

Proton Gen-2 Persona 1.6.

Proton-GEN-2_Persona_2008_photo_03.jpg

It will continue the tradition of the reasonably priced car being an ugly, but reasonably priced saloon car.

If they keep having Americans on, wouldn't it be best to use a car available in both LHD & RHD? Most of the Asian cars are (including the current RPC in the form of Daewoo), so they could have a LHD one in the fleet (anecdotally they seem to have 3 or more cars).

Otherwise, what does it prove to have someone who has never driven a RHD car before destroying the gearbox & finishing in the bottom half of the list by default?

^ I dunno. Quite a few of the Americans who've been on have done alright in both cars (Lionel Ritchie, Christian Slater, Marky Mark). It seems the only one who has had a rubbish lap so far was David Soul.

Last edited:
I wonder if GM had anything to do with it?

I wouldn't go that far with Wikipedia. The thing is, the second-generation Cruze is supposed to be GM's replacement for the Lacetti; TG Magazine may simply be reporting that. It doesn't mean that the Cruze will replace the Lacette as the RPC of SIARPC.

^ Exactly.

I'm still going with the Gen-2.

The Perodua Viva!

If they get the top model it's equipped with an entire litre engine! 0-62 mph is done in no-time, 12.8 seconds. And the top speed is a staggering 99 mph!

I was thinking the Myvi...but the Viva could work too :D

Bump: On the wiki sitewith the list of seasons+episodes it says that in S15 there will definately be a new car.