Its so obvious the stig's death was fake.

zyran

Pretty gay... the flaws.
In the video where he 'flew' of the ship, it's clear that the car was 'blasted' off because there was the smoke coming out from the end of the runway which looked like it was launching the car off. They also didn't showthe car from start to finish in one take (some editing maybe).

After that they showed the Stig's glove floating away. What are the odds that his glove comes off just like that? That windows were probably closed.

Lastly, Jeremy Clarkson didn't really make a big deal out of it. Whatever it is, I just wanted to get this out of my chest. $.02

I think we went over this somewhere, but yeah, of course he didn't die. :p

i think it's pretty stupid even trying to think he died. and if he did, they wouldn't be allowed to show it on TV either.

the stig had to be anonimous, a paper/magasine was interviewing a driver, when he suddenly said he is the stig... he was fired and they got another one (but who says it actually IS another one)

but i think it is, he's better than the previous :)

do u really think they would really kill someone for laughs?

it was a stupid gag, obviously. :roll:

No, as in an accident Justin... :roll:

It's called British humor...why do people not get this? Don't any of you watch like Monty Python or the likes?

-Prince

British "humor" has always been really weird. See the Ford Sport Ka commercials as an example.

What does "the stig" mean actually?
I don't know this expression and I can't find it in the dictionary...

cya
Oli

No idea.

oliB said:
What does "the stig" mean actually?
I don't know this expression and I can't find it in the dictionary...

cya
Oli

its just some random word they came up with to make a point that he is nameless facess .....that kinda thing

Mmmhh...ok.

But Tiff also uses that word, for example "give it some stig" when he is pushing a car to the limits!?

cya
Oli

I thought Tiff was saying "give it some stick" (I could be wrong).

oliB said:
Mmmhh...ok.

But Tiff also uses that word, for example "give it some stig" when he is pushing a car to the limits!?

cya
Oli
Perhaps it's turned into a verb... Like drive like the Stig would...

Seems like my question wasn't that dumb. :wink:
I just thought it's a colloquial expression I don't know because I'm not a native speaker.

ESPNSTI said:
I thought Tiff was saying "give it some stick"

That's possible too...
But does this phrase make sense?

Viper007Bond said:
Perhaps it's turned into a verb... Like drive like the Stig would...

I don't think so, Tiff already used that word when testing the McLaren F1 more than 10 years ago...

cya
Oli