I've decided to get rid of my bad ways

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
12,495
Use your common sense. There is a highway in MA where everyone always goes 90+, yet there are other highways where you wouldnt want to go over 70
 

lip

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
2,924
Location
Switzerland
Car(s)
Audi S6 Barkwagon
My personal speed limits:

City:
- Allowed 50km/h (31mph)
- I drive 50 km/h (31mph)
(It makes no sense to try and drive faster, you are gaining only seconds. If any at all.)

Out of City:
- Allowed 80km/h (50mph)
- I drive 85-90km/h (53-56mph)

Mountain pass roads:
- Allowed 80km/h (50mph)
- No comment

Autobahn:
- Allowed 120km/h (75mph)
- I drive 150 km/h (94mph)
(until 150km/h the fines are payable (from a swiss point of view atleast) and have no further consequences, but all over 150km/h and you will loose your licence for a month... or a lot longer, and the additional fines go skyways like a rocket)

Greetings, lip
 

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
17,963
Location
Seattle
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Don't worry after you get a ticket you will learn to drive much more responsibly. Especially if you get a deferral.
 

vegasrebel29

Suckin' dic* bought this title
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
737
Location
Las Vegas
Car(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
Here's a tip: never be where people don't expect you to be. That includes crossing red lights. Noone EVER looks to the left and the right when crossing a green light.

That also includes driving 50 km/h over in the fast lane when there's any traffic. Somebody will look in their rear view mirror, they'll see you're far and change lanes, or avoid a pothole. You can rear-end them. People don't track speed in their rear view mirrors.
Is it weird that I actually do do all of that?

Anyway, 95% of the time I do the Christian motoring thing. Letting people in, adhering to the speed limit, signaling with appropriate time length, etc. The other 5% happens between the hours of 2AM and whenever I get home.

Do note, though, that nothing good happens after 2AM.
 

Dsemaj

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
2,956
Location
Adelaide, Australia.
Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
I sometimes get the urge to be dickish in my normal drives, but really, what's the point if I get fined or worse, lose my right to drive at all? I waited all too long to get my license, and it'll be a cold day in hell if I mess it up. My advice is so go for nice country drives. Nice twisties or long swooping wafting bends, your choice. It's relaxing, you get to see new places and you can actually stretch your cars legs.

But surely you still have that little voice in your head that tells you're being a bit of a knob? Listen to it and exercise in common sense.
 

Hercules286

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
1,663
Location
Sofia, Bulgaria
Is it weird that I actually do do all of that?

Anyway, 95% of the time I do the Christian motoring thing. Letting people in, adhering to the speed limit, signaling with appropriate time length, etc. The other 5% happens between the hours of 2AM and whenever I get home.

Do note, though, that nothing good happens after 2AM.
I, for one, expect people to blow by me 160 km/h after midnight. Sofia has some loong straight boulevards... ;)
 

klutch

Courteous urinator
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
1,913
Location
Vancouver, BC
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Just keep driving the way you've been driving. You'll either crash, get ticketed, or arrested. Problem solved.
 

nouseferaname90

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,629
Just keep driving the way you've been driving. You'll either crash, get ticketed, or arrested. Problem solved.
gee, thanks for that useful piece of advice.


I got some racing simulators, and it seems to be doing the job of keepin me calm on the street.
 

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
6,968
Location
Oakland
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I've heard your opinions on my shit driving style, and I have decided to start driving like a normal person. After seeing someone being hit head on because someone was being dumb and ran a red light, I see how I may (or more or less was) reckless...

I need some help. If I ever do get "boy racer" urges, what do you suggest I do? I'm not ready to go full Christian motorist, but I am ready to go normal driver.
I think conforming to everybody else standards is more the problem here. Its ok to have fun sometimes, even if it is against the law. Most traffic laws are ridiculous. I enjoy kicking my car sideways here and there if there is no one around but my own self to injure. I can except the responsibility for my own car and health.
 
Top