ive ordered a Steelpad S4

bigfoot1942

and i think im gonna like it.
Even though they're a little expensive (35 euro) they get good reviews...

ill give you a review when i receive the pad ;)

erm... can anyone explain what so good about it... I never used a mousepad... currently mine is just a blank sheet of A4 paper... I think it works the best...
btw... is black surface or white surface better for optical mouse?

I just use my table top, I've never really understood the use of a mouse pad with a optical mouse.

My mouse never skips either.

its supposed to make your mouse movements more accurate and smoother, since its a rock-solid mousepad (a sheet of paper may slip).

i think its like inline-skating compared to ice-skating. Smoother, absolutely no bumps at all etc...

well... mny A4 paper is held by my laptop on one end and my iPod dock and my digital camera on the top corner... it shouldn't slip :mrgreen: ... but occasionally when my palm sweat whilst playing LFS... it makes my paper wet as well... lol

^Nu-uh, Letter rules! :thumbsup:

Got a pick of the pad bigfoot? 34 euros, that's alot for mousepad...imo

andyhui01 said:
erm... can anyone explain what so good about it... I never used a mousepad... currently mine is just a blank sheet of A4 paper... I think it works the best...

Ideally black surface doesn't reflect light, so no. Black is no good. Actually it doesn't have to be ideally black to screw things up. I used a black mousepad for old mouse (with ball), and with optical mouse cursor jumps and skips randomly sometimes.
Any other solid color is not good either, because the mouse can't "see" any difference when you move it. Again, it's not exaggeration, optical mouses at our school nearly don't move at all on wooden table surface with solid homogeneous color.
The best thing is tiny random pattern. Sheet of paper or nearly any surface (with few exceptions as above) works fine in real life.
I tried steelpad and it rocks! Thinking about getting myself one. And those teflon stickers for mouse, so it will glide over it like on ice :)

MXM said:
andyhui01 said:

Ideally black surface doesn't reflect light, so no. Black is no good. Actually it doesn't have to be ideally black to screw things up. I used a black mousepad for old mouse (with ball), and with optical mouse cursor jumps and skips randomly sometimes.
Any other solid color is not good either, because the mouse can't "see" any difference when you move it. Again, it's not exaggeration, optical mouses at our school nearly don't move at all on wooden table surface with solid homogeneous color.
The best thing is tiny random pattern. Sheet of paper or nearly any surface (with few exceptions as above) works fine in real life.
I tried steelpad and it rocks! Thinking about getting myself one. And those teflon stickers for mouse, so it will glide over it like on ice :)
i ordered hyperglides along with the steelpad...
hyperglides > teflon tape (at least they are supposed to).

I'm too cheap for a good mouse pad and my table works fine. :)

I use an ordinary solid black mouse pad straight from Wally World with my optical mouse.
.99 $ ! :lol:

Works just fine. ;)

35 euros for a mousepad??? Better be made of first rate stainless steel from Japan haha.

I've thrown away all my old mousepads when I switched to an optical mouse. My table works fine, even when playing games.

haha604 said:
35 euros for a mousepad??? Better be made of first rate stainless steel from Japan haha.

I've thrown away all my old mousepads when I switched to an optical mouse. My table works fine, even when playing games.
hence the difference between fine and excellent ;)

I use a shitty one that I like only cause it's in 2 parts, one of which holds your fist confortably 8)

hmm... maybe I should get my Checkered sheet of paper for drawing graphs?... and my mouse Sucks on my wooden table... it seems to skip alot