I've thought of a way of solving UK's prison overcrowding problem

I'm too lazy to do the math now, but it would take a very very long time considering airliners go 400-500mph and it takes them about 8 hours to make the trip.

It would be sad because soon Asia would trump that bridge with one that goes across the Pacific to the US so there's a road around the world.

True, I Much rather have them doing something constructive.

It just depends which criminals they're going to give community punishments to.
They are on about giving them to muggers and burglars.

The government ought to build more prisons, what with prisons reaching bursting point with 80,000 inmates. Though the government have to find ?10billion for the London Olympics, among other things such as the Army, and mis-spent money on the NHS.

Hmmmmm......................... Send them to Australia.

We are full!!!!!!!

Don't you wish members of your family 200 years ago stole a loaf of bread and were banished to paradise.

We only take people with skill now, pity no one from England qualifies.(LOL)

Let the fraudsters and intelligent people out of prison and put the scumbags and the low lifes to work. The others can be kept in prison.

fraudsters are the worst type of scumbags in the world, put all of them to work, if their intellegent then get them to help prevent crime by playing the white hat, if they don't co-operate make them build bridges instead, and if that doesn't work shoot them

fraudsters are the worst type of scumbags in the world, put all of them to work, if their intellegent then get them to help prevent crime by playing the white hat, if they don't co-operate make them build bridges instead, and if that doesn't work shoot them

I'll second that!...
Plus I like that big bridge idea... In the middle there would have to be some sort of corksquew deal to switch the lanes over.