Jack's Triumph goes to a concours

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
To start with, if you spend much time on the East Coast of the U.S., you know about the Greenbrier. It bills itself as "America's Resort". It was built in 1918, is located in White Sulfur Springs, West Virginia and generally caters to the D.C. crowd. It also hosts the PGA Tour FedEx Cup golf championship event as well as the Greenbrier Champions Tennis Classic. High-end stuff... so they decided that they needed to add a concours d'elegance to their yearly schedule. The inaugural event was last weekend, May 4-6. Here's a photo of the Greenbrier's main building.

So, my buddy Jack has this Triumph GT-6 that he's owned since the dawn of time. It was originally his dedicated autocross car but got retired from that many years ago due to the arrival of newer, more competitive rides. The GT-6 is now babied and lives a very good life in a snug, warm garage. Long story short, Jack decided to enter it in the Greenbrier Concours. He sent me the attached photo, but I haven't talked to him yet... I'm sure that if he'd won something, he would have texted me, so all I have to offer is this shot of the Triumph on the show field.

To learn more about the concours and see some of the high-dollar entries, click here:
https://www.greenbrierconcours.com/

your pics aren't working

and i've never heard about a triump gt-6...but looks like a triumph spitfire!
is that the same car with a different name?

bone;n3548899 said:
and i've never heard about a triump gt-6...but looks like a triumph spitfire!
is that the same car with a different name?

Essentially yes, however the Spitfire never had the straight 6 the GT-6 had. I can't see the pics either but I'm hoping it's a MkII as that's my favourite. :D