Concept: Jaguar I-Pace Concept

If they electrified an old XJ with sufficient torque, it'd be great. This is just crossover concept wankery.

Jaguar I-Pace Concept

If produced and even if you ignore all the obvious problems, it would still have the same problem that most of the current lineup has - where are the vast swaths of dead tree and acres of dead animal?

The interior of the new XF is not an exciting place to be, when I saw one in person my first comment to the Jag representative was it looks like the inside of Ikea she countered with it is contemporary.

I do like the interior of the XJ it will be interesting to see how sterile they make it when the refresh comes.

The interior of the new XF is not an exciting place to be, when I saw one in person my first comment to the Jag representative was it looks like the inside of Ikea she countered with it is contemporary.

I do like the interior of the XJ it will be interesting to see how sterile they make it when the refresh comes.

If you want "contemporary," you're not likely buying a Jag. You're more likely buying literally anything else in the class because without the classic elements that made Jaguar different and even timeless, there's no point in buying one. Indeed, if you want something that looks like Generic Asian Sedan Design #7 as most of the lineup does now, you'd actually go buy that Asian sedan. It would cost less, probably perform better and almost certainly would be more reliable.

This is the interior of the 2015-on XF.
001jaguarxf_s_interior2015.jpg

Here's a contemporary competing model for comparison:

img_new_genesis_026.jpg

Here's the interior of an X300:
1996-jaguar-xj6-interior-wallpaper-8.jpg

And here's the interior of an XJ6 Series III:
1987-jaguar-vanden-plas-interior-as-shown-in-1986-catalog_a506a.jpg

The XF interior isn't 'contemporary,' it's just cheap. I know which ones of the above pictured car interiors I would rather spend time in and the XF isn't in the list. Even the fake wood of the Genesis is better.

Last edited:
I do not disagree with any of that, when I made the IKEA comment to the rep I meant it an an insult and I am pretty sure she took it as a compliment. How do you feel about the gen 1 xf interior I was happy with the xfr interior you just have to be aware the leather on the dash board will screw you at some point and jag will happily charge you 3k for a new dash unless you find a shop that can stretch the leather and staple it for about 200.

I don't think much more of the first generation XF interior.

2010_jaguar_xf_dashboard.jpg

They have the dash wood and aluminum reversed from what they should be, the wood doesn't look very good, the metal looks cheap (because it is) and the powered AC vents were just a dumb idea. The center console wood was equally poor and the console itself was pretty crappy, what with how the covers/doors starting to break and squeak quickly from new.

Pretty sure on my XFR it wasn't metal but plastic that looked like metal, I had a latch break on the large console door which was replaced under warranty, my interior was all black and being the sport model I didn't mind the lack of wood. The only time I opened the vents was to show someone how they worked all other times they were open due to how much of a PITA they are to change. One other minor annoyance have you noticed how easy it is to dent the growler on the air bag and the only fix is to get a new air bag, I guess making a solid badge would have been to expensive.

Unveiled

395bhp

I-Pace’s 90kWh lithium ion battery delivers a range of up to 298 miles, according to the new WLTP cycle. That equates to 336 miles on the old NEDC test and 240 miles on the American EPA cycle.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...-range-pivotal

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DXOOViiWAAAWRq1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

On the name.

Did jaguar hire the Lincoln naming guy?