Jaguar Project 7

Still no manual :cry:

I wouldn't expect one. The current range of automatics have been truly grand (according to Chris Harris). I'd like to row my own gears too, but I don't see Jaguar finding a return on investment on the idea.

Would be a lot better without the rear wing.

I'd have one if I could afford one. Very nice looking, and has the speed required, oh and the noise.

Funny how British manufacturers all seem to be doing miles (sic) better under foreign ownership and management than they ever did under British Management.

Now there is a question. ... why?

I'd have one if I could afford one. Very nice looking, and has the speed required, oh and the noise.

Funny how British manufacturers all seem to be doing miles (sic) better under foreign ownership and management than they ever did under British Management.

Generalisation incoming:

Because Brits love thinking that they are right about everything, hence dragging down everyone else together with them. I worked with 3 such fine gentlemen in a recent group project. I'd rather do the whole group project alone than do it again. Funnily enough my dad has a somewhat similar view on Brits after a handful of them interferred with a project he participated in 3 years ago.

Last edited:

The people running the British motor industry were idiots. The merger madness that led to BL resulted in most of the British automotive industry being in one basket. Which unfortunately was being held by madmen.

The uncontrolled unions didn't help things either.

Last edited:
Generalisation incoming:

Because Brits love thinking that they are right about everything, hence dragging down everyone else together with them. I worked with 3 such fine gentlemen in a recent group project. I'd rather do the whole group project alone than do it again. Funnily enough my dad has a somewhat similar view on Brits after a handful of them interferred with a project he participated in 3 years ago.

The people running the British motor industry were idiots. The merger madness that led to BL resulted in most of the British automotive industry being in one basket. Which unfortunately was being held by madmen.

The uncontrolled unions didn't help things either.

It's a little more complex than that. Many people call it British (Middle and sometimes Upper) Management Syndrome. It's not specific to the British people per se but to most British management - perhaps something taught there? Anyway, basically it's the inability of a manager (especially one that didn't come up in the ranks) to acknowledge that they're really in over their heads or that they don't have total comprehension of an issue. Which leads them to act like they're in total control and understand everything presented (rather than ask questions which they think makes them look weak and ineffectual); in turn, they make decisions and set policies that may have no supporting basis in or even the remotest resemblance to reality. When reality duly comes and smacks them in the face, they then refuse to accept that they might have been wrong and press on anyway. If someone else suggests a remedial course of action to them, they refuse to acknowledge that someone else might have a better idea/been right when they were wrong. For some reason, Britain's native management culture doesn't even seem to begin to realize this is an issue and it continues to *encourage* this behavior.

Related 'disease': German engineering Unwarranted Cultural Superiority Syndrome.

Fastest jag ever? This can't be faster than the XJ220....