Jaguars....

ObiWan Kenobi of Jaguars

ObiWan Kenobi of Jaguars

Spectre,

I am sincerely grateful for the time you took to educate me on the vehicle and narrow my search. I have a very good idea on what I am looking for now and you have saved me time and money. I wish I could reciprocate, but my knowledge of vehicles is not up to speed. I was a Marine, so I know everything about blowing vehicles up, or calling "fast movers" to drop ordnance thru close air support but that is the limit to my expertise. Again, thank you!

Andre

Spectre,

I am sincerely grateful for the time you took to educate me on the vehicle and narrow my search. I have a very good idea on what I am looking for now and you have saved me time and money. I wish I could reciprocate, but my knowledge of vehicles is not up to speed. I was a Marine, so I know everything about blowing vehicles up, or calling "fast movers" to drop ordnance thru close air support but that is the limit to my expertise. Again, thank you!

Andre

If you check around using the Search function up in the upper right corner, you'll find more information and posts by not just myself but others here that own or have owned the cars in question (though we're really not a Jaguar specific community). One interesting thing about the community here is that because of the nature of the forum being about what was initially a British television series, we have quite a few British and European members. Should you continue to participate in the community and become a 'regular' here, you'll find that the regulars will often help each other get parts or relay advice from one country to another - something that can be invaluable. Take a look around and see if you like what you see - if so, go introduce yourself in the appropriate 'introduce yourself' thread here: https://forums.finalgear.com/the-forums/introduce-yourself-here-3463/ - and enjoy the discussions.

Other points of interest:
There's currently one member on the forum with an X300 (95-97 XJ6/R/12) XJR that's been converted to use a manual transmission as those were not imported to the US in that configuration, here's the thread: https://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/1995-jaguar-xjr-manual-59070/

Other members here have set up a thread for general mechanical/tech questions for me (because I don't pay attention to every thread) and it's over here: https://forums.finalgear.com/questions-and-answers/the-questions-for-spectre-thread-59512/ Apparently I've been drafted as the local equivalent of a "Car Talk" personality. Apparently the forum decided that someone had to do it and that someone was me. :dunno: Oh well. :p In any case, should you have future car/truck/motorcycle questions that I can be of some assistance with, you can find me monitoring that thread a bit more closely than this one.

Also, my father is a retired Marine who served two tours in Vietnam and continued in the service as an NCO after that war ended. Semper Fi and thanks for your service.