Jalopnik has gone down the toilet ver. 3.0

That was a good read! Lucille & Herr Doktor are celebrities now :lol:

So the Gawker network was bought by Univision, minus Gawker.com which will be presumably buried in a shallow grave beside Denton's career (for now, assuming no construction activities in the area).

http://www.wsj.com/articles/univision-plans-to-shut-down-gawker-com-1471539451

?Jalopnik! This can only mean improved Baja 1000 coverage.
I'm down with this. I need a Class 11.
I may be the only one but I will miss Gawker. I liked some of the more random shit they posted like the hilarious "best restaurant" series: http://bestrestaurant.gawker.com/

Best Restaurant was a GEM.

Almost everyone at my new office reads Jalopnik. I feel like if I don't start up again I'll fall away from the lunchroom chatter. Ugh

just read other sources or the headlines of twitter and extrapolate?

just read other sources or the headlines of twitter and extrapolate?

Its not the auto news items that are talked about most, but the little trivia stories and various shit opinions. I'll survive without it though, I can hold my own on various other random automotive stuff I read elsewhere.

Though there is a satisfying consensus that DeMuro is terrible, even if he is not on Jalopnik anymore.

I thought the various shit opinions simply boil down to this:

- Tesla and Elon are god.
- Everything should have a manual option or the car will be a flop.
- VAG diesel is bad but we love VAG products.
- FCA sucks and will cease to exist because we said so.
- give me Brown Manual Diesel Wagons and Miatas or give me death.

You missed: here is a pic of my creepy stuffed animal and me, an adult woman

In other words: Stef pissed off D-Fence on #gear again :D

HEY

fluffy_hug_and_a_soul.jpg

PUFF ISN'T CREEPY.

Also, I have some kind of bad stomach virus? problem? parasite? who knows? and I have been on the toilet a lot today. Sheesh, this thread can't even get that right. I'M ON THE TOILET, NOT DOWN THE TOILET. KEY DIFFERENCE!

(I wish I had time to troll #gear more. Good place, good people.)

Last edited:
I'M ON THE TOILET, NOT DOWN THE TOILET. KEY DIFFERENCE!

Shame the same can't be said about your fellow Jalopnik employees/writers/content creators/whatever they're called this week. Here's what one of your more famous truck/offroader contributors proudly posted at the top of one of his latest articles - a demonstration that he's grossly overloading the truck, he doesn't know how to load his vehicle on the trailer properly, he hasn't got a fucking clue as to what a weight distributing hitch is (let alone actually have one) and he's willing to drive the truck in a horribly unsafe condition.

zqtt23pbrdbtlcdtzxpa.png

I can't imagine the trailer tongue weight is anything but way over the recommended 500lbs for the Raptor; not seeing that.

In addition to the dangerous trailer rigging performed on a truck with a really soft offroad suspension, the idiot admits that there was some heavy things in the bed of the truck. From the immediately previous article to the one referenced above:

Plus, last week, I bought a bunch of parts from a Jeep hoarder up in northern Michigan: I?ve got an axle, a spare oil pump, a spare fuel pump, a spare transmission and a spare transfer case?all of these will be hanging out in the bed of my support vehicle, a 2017 Ford Raptor.

That truck is visibly way, way, way beyond safe hauling and towing limits. Even if he just had all that crap in the back and no trailer, he'd still likely be over the maximum payload rating of the truck, which is 1200lbs including driver, passengers and any gear they bring along.

This is the kind of 'kwalitee' content I've come to expect from GawkerJalopnik of late.

Last edited:
He's out doing that this week, but that may actually be advice I forward on.

FWIW, if you have a useful word like that that isn't just "I DISAGREE WITH UR TAKE CUZ U DON'T LIKE CAR I LIKE POOPHEAD BUTTFACE [insert way worse here if recipient is female]," we've got emails! Advice on how not to die/get hurt/break down/have a significant oops is generally welcome, and tends to be read and taken seriously when said in a respectful, helpful manner.

Last edited:
The spectacularly ill-advised journey with the swamp condition Jeep is awesome! Best stuff on the site in ages, as is the guy's wrenching.

Jalopnik has gone down the toilet ver. 3.0

He's out doing that this week, but that may actually be advice I forward on.

FWIW, if you have a useful word like that that isn't just "I DISAGREE WITH UR TAKE CUZ U DON'T LIKE CAR I LIKE POOPHEAD BUTTFACE [insert way worse here is recipient is female]," we've got emails! Advice on how not to die/get hurt/break down/have a significant oops is generally welcome, and tends to be read and taken seriously when said in a respectful, helpful manner.

A full third of the comments on the article point out the exact same thing to one degree or another and he hasn't replied to any of them that I saw - so I don't know how much if any good one more person telling him the same thing is going to be.

Also, the problem was glaringly obvious in the first place - so he shouldn't have had to be told!

Last edited:
It is amazing how many overloaded towing vehicles I see on the road. I remember one guy telling me that the 10 in S-10 meant that it was a half ton truck, and it should be able to tow as much as his full size half ton. It was humorous to see it shudder and twitch when he tried to start moving. I have also seen leaf springs bent the wrong way.

These are but a few of the things that I would love a license required to tow anything.

Sheesh, this thread can't even get that right. I'M ON THE TOILET, NOT DOWN THE TOILET. KEY DIFFERENCE!

(I wish I had time to troll #gear more. Good place, good people.)

You and a few others may be on the toilet, but I would say a majority of your coworkers are down the pipes clogging toilet. Nevermind, the fact that I've since been shadow banned because god-forbid anyone defend what Alfa Romeo has built...