James (almost) going to the moon for new programme

Is this a once off program? The DVD has 59 minutes, the program I watched is only 29 minutes.

You have watched James May at the edge of space then. There is another 60 minute long programme James May on the moon. They should both be on the dvd. Not wanting to be greedy, but I hope there are some extra's as well. There must be tons of great footage. :)

Some observations:
1) There was a lot of Led Zeppelin on the soundtrack.
2) James saying Americanisms is way less patronizing than Jeremy saying them.

Awesome show.

Cabi,

Were you familiar with James and/or Top Gear before you got the assignment? Welcome to the cult.

Looking forward to watching it soon, and thanks for your service.

:clap:

Fantastic program, it really stole the spotlight from Top Gear.

And now there's real live U2 pilot in here! This is cool as hell!

Centerfuge.

I have a video of myselft at 9 Gs and I look exactly like my dad when he was 70yrs old. That pic of James is what he will look like in his 70s too! Gravity always wins.

Cabi~

Thanks, I wrote it in the way we write it here in Norway, but now I know what it's really called :D
I would never have looked it up if it wasn't for you :)

Cabi,

Were you familiar with James and/or Top Gear before you got the assignment? Welcome to the cult.

Looking forward to watching it soon, and thanks for your service.

:clap:

Yes, I was already familiar with Top Gear - watched it all the time when I was in the UK and at RAF bases.

Cabi~

only just got round to watching it today. have to agree with Susie and say that it really did steal quite abit of the spotlight from Top Gear.

James May's best show to date, wish there were more episodes, thought there were thanks to radio times site it having 1/7 written.

Cabi you have one of the most awesome jobs in the world, complete with the most amazing views. How did you because a pilot of the U2 plane? What other plane have flown too?

Last edited:
This was another great documentary from James May. An interesting, intelligent well told tale marking the 40th anniversary of the moon landings. Factual, humorous with spectacular views of the high atmosphere of near space.

Great job by JM, the Crew & the USAF. :cool:

Me likey! :)

(Shame there is only one episode, maybe he can go flying in all their other planes and make several sequels.:mrgreen:).

Cabi. Just wanted to add my congratulations also for assisting James in this fantastic adventure.

Many Thanks

just watched it one more time. I'm stunned. Again. I've even pre-ordered the DVD now :)
And Cabi, you are now my hero, and I want to do what you do. (Good thing I'm joining the Norwegian Air Forces next year :D)

Because this deserves (IMO) to be in huge letters...

EPIC!

I was left with a huge grin on my face.

And some added applause for Cabi! :D

I've finally been able to watch and all I can say is what a wonderful pair of programs!.
The BBC needs to find a way to let the rest of the world watch these shows without pilfering them from the internet. A region 1 ntsc dvd on Amazon would be a good start. I'd even put up with the program being re-scored, though the music on this was very lovely. I even managed not to cringe at the Zeppelin.

LindenChase : thanks for the links to the interviews.

Cabi : I enjoyed your contributions to the programs, especially the $2 bill. Thanks very much and welcome to the Top Gear cult.

Wow, how amazing was this program? I still adore Top Gear, but stuff like this puts it in perspective. Hot cars are fun, but space travel... that's epic. I'm so envious of James. And so glad he made this show!

So, is topgear.com wrong when they say "The best thing about ?on the Moon was that it?s the first part of seven." Link