James (almost) going to the moon for new programme

Can I just say how much I love the amount of discussion on burping and farting in this post? :thumbsup:

(Yes, I know, I have the sense of humor of a preschooler.)

The spacesuit definitely seems uncomfortable.

It occurs to me that, despite his jocularity about pies and pints, and all the play on him being shambolic, James must be exceptionally fit and in good shape for a guy of 46. There's no way he would have been allowed to do all this otherwise. Can you imagine the insurance?

Nothing def yet, but the latest news is that this programme will be shown on BBC2 on Sunday 21 June at 9.00 pm, so directly after the first episode of TopGear. The second programme will then be on BBC4 at 10.00 pm. (Please don't forget about that second show, I'll need you to upload that for me. ;))

The Radio Times website has now confirmed these slots, so you can set your dvd/video recorders!

446may_wave.jpg

And this is an "James goes South Park" pic I made ags ago. Very suitable for this occaission.

Stig.jpg

Last edited:
^ :lol: that?s brilliant!

I seem to recall seeing this or similar when you posted before ages ago, in 1001 James or other. :cool:

It occurs to me that, despite his jocularity about pies and pints, and all the play on him being shambolic, James must be exceptionally fit and in good shape for a guy of 46. There's no way he would have been allowed to do all this otherwise. Can you imagine the insurance?
I thought about that when i heard they let him train.

Well, they let John Glenn up at 77 although he was still jogging every single day at that age.

Look what I just ordered from Amazon :D

Edit: fixed the link!

Last edited:
Here is another trailer from the BBC website on his zero-gravity training flight known as the "vomit comet". Looks like fun to me. :D

And an interview in today's Torygraph about the moon programme and the budget cuts on Top Gear:

Top Gear, which coincidentally returns this Sunday, has had its budget ?trimmed quite a bit? because of the credit crunch, May says, although in typically equable fashion he suggests that the tighter constraints ?may stimulate us better.

?The downside is, though,? he adds, ?we have never wasted money on anything glamorous ? we don?t have clothes budgets. Well, you can tell that by watching us. So if the money?s cut, it?s cut from the programme ? it?s not being cut from my ice-cream demand.?

The calls-itself-a-newspaper-but-is-not-that The Sun has an interview with James as well.

"Then they wanted to look at my entire medical history from birth and my dental records, which is presumably so they can identify me from my jaw bone when they find it in the desert in three years' time."

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.
Could some one grab the new trailer off the bbc website and share it here?
It would be much appreciated by those of us outside the U.K.

LindenChase, did you see he mentions living with his girlfriend again in the Telegraph article? ::passes tissues::

According to the BBC and Radio Times sites, the timings of both shows tonight have been put back 5 mins (Top Gear is 65 mins long tonight). So James May on the Moon is 9.05 - 10.05 on BBC2, and On the Edge of Space is 10.05 on BBC4.

From what I can tell, the BBC 4 show is kind of a how they made the BBC 2 episode.
Are they doing the BBC4 episode as a one-off? Or for every episode?

I can't see Part 2 of his show, it's not on next Sunday.

From what I can tell, the BBC 4 show is kind of a how they made the BBC 2 episode.
Are they doing the BBC4 episode as a one-off? Or for every episode?

I can't see Part 2 of his show, it's not on next Sunday.

That's because there isn't a part 2... It's a one off show to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the moon landing.

Any news of a non-torrent download for this? Haven't seen anything yet in the videos section.