James (almost) going to the moon for new programme

For all those of you still looking for the programmes: the DVD also includes At The Edge of Space!

51KF2EiHDEL._AA240_.jpg

Hmmm - zooming the image on Amazon reveals that it has a run time of 59 minutes - so it is the same as the broadcast version. Presumably Edge Of Space will therefore also be the same as the broadcast version - so where do we get to see the footage of him dressing up in a proper Apollo space suit (in what looks like a car park, for some reason) as linked earlier in this thread?

Is that Cabi guy the same as the pilot in the show? If so, that is epic.

For all those of you still looking for the programmes: the DVD also includes At The Edge of Space!

51KF2EiHDEL._AA240_.jpg

That's great news. :D

My copy of Big Ideas shipped today which is also great news. :D

Last edited:
You might want to check out this website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/moonlandings/

It has three extended versions of the interviews that James did with Alan Bean, Charles Duke, Harisson Schmitt, the three astronauts.

They are UK-only so an upload would be much appreciated! :)

*now where did I leave that British proxy?*

You might want to check out this website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/moonlandings/

It has three extended versions of the interviews that James did with Alan Bean, Charles Duke, Harisson Schmitt, the three astronauts.

Trying to get it downloaded and onto FTP.

It's on the FTP, but you might have to wait...its totally maxxed out at 100mbit right now.

I'm going to move the new ep of TG out as people will only dl it off my FTP instead of using the torrent.

Hmmm - zooming the image on Amazon reveals that it has a run time of 59 minutes - so it is the same as the broadcast version. Presumably Edge Of Space will therefore also be the same as the broadcast version

Zooming the image also reveals the words "Exclusive to DVD" just before "James May at the Edge of Space". Well far be it from me to make any suggestions, but I wonder which definition of "exclusive" will apply to this DVD extra which has the same title as a TV programme already broadcast...

Anyway - brilliant documentary.

It's on the FTP, but you might have to wait...its totally maxxed out at 100mbit right now.

I'm going to move the new ep of TG out as people will only dl it off my FTP instead of using the torrent.

Thanks! I managed to find a British proxy so I have been able to watch them. I'll download them from your server tomorrow.

Funny thing. iPlayer has a new download function. Using the proxy, I installed it, but when I try to download something from iPlayer it notices I'm not in the UK and will not let me do that. I can play the programme without any problems though. That's weird, isn't it?

Cabi, congratulations, you've got an awesome job! The U-2 is an incredible plane and the way you took off dropped my jaw(I guess that huge wing is the reason for that). And the view from up there was just stunning, it left my eyes wet for God's sake! Wish I was there instead of James(to be a military pilot is still my dream).

Last edited:
Yes.

Cabi~

Do you ever listen to U2 while you fly my* U2? If so what is your favorite U2 U2 flying song?

*Well it's at least 1/300,000,000ths mine :p

I just finished watching James May On The Moon, just absolutely stunning. I've always been a bit of a space nerd, but that was just so astonishing to see the curvature of the earth like that. I would give anything to be able to do that.

Cabi this may not be the most difficult question you've ever answered, but here goes...

How does the straw work? I was watching it and thinking, that's gonna depressurise the helmet?

I think I can say that Cabi, you have one of the best and most beautiful jobs in the world. The show was excellent, that's all I can say. Thanks again :)