James (almost) going to the moon for new programme

[video=youtube;jGLw-vGsMdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLw-vGsMdA&feature=relmfu[/video]

Great clip. :mrgreen:

If you own an iPad and live outside the UK, the iPlayer app is well worth donwloading. It's free anyway. If you want to watch all content, you will have to subscribe, but there are plenty of freebies. Including James' moon programme. :)

I thought it was cute.

iPad app isn't available outside Europe yet, to my knowledge. But even then, I'll have to wait for an iPhone/iPod Touch app anyway. Sigh.

Love the videos, and I think I found your winnebago:
kSgLx.jpg

It looks to me from what iTunes is telling me that if you are over 17 years old and have an iPad, you can get the app for free. (At least in Australia).
However, I am not 17 and, more importantly, don't have an iPad, so I can't confirm. It will be good if it's true though.

The thing I love the most, though is that they say in the description; "Science & Nature - immerse yourself in inspiring series like David Attenborough's The Life of Birds and Walking with Dinosaurs and get up close and personal with Chimpanzee Diary and James May at the Edge of Space"
:wicked:

something else for you to watch...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpahgdNlcVQ[/video]
http://youtu.be/tpahgdNlcVQ

Cabi~
Cabi - many thanks great vid. The shows you and James did are still two of my all time favourites.

They pay you to do that! You are so lucky - I am jealous.

Last edited:
Cabi - many thanks great vid. The shows you and James did are still two of my all time favourites.

They pay you to do that! You are so lucky - I am jealous.

Ahhh! They USE to pay me to do that stuff. Fortunately I survived and retired from the USAF, but I do seriously miss the flying. Good thing I have my own plane!
Cabbi 3.jpg

Cabi~

Cabi - nice to see you still around, and hope you're enjoying your retirement.

You could always do what an RAF officer did in my area when he retired - he bought himself an obsolete training aircraft from the RAF and took his brother up for a joyride. Unfortunately, he accidentally ejected his brother over my local branch of Sainsbury's.

This is only a funny story because the brother - miraculously - walked away practically unscathed, having come to earth in some bushes beside the car park.

Even more miraculously, I think they're still speaking to each other.

Cabi - nice to see you still around, and hope you're enjoying your retirement.

You could always do what an RAF officer did in my area when he retired - he bought himself an obsolete training aircraft from the RAF and took his brother up for a joyride. Unfortunately, he accidentally ejected his brother over my local branch of Sainsbury's.

This is only a funny story because the brother - miraculously - walked away practically unscathed, having come to earth in some bushes beside the car park.

Even more miraculously, I think they're still speaking to each other.

Perhaps the brother of the pilot still doesn't realize his pilot brother was really trying to snuff him out?

Does sound like loads of fun though... Wish I had the money to buy myself a Folland Gnat!!!

Cabi~

Perhaps the brother of the pilot still doesn't realize his pilot brother was really trying to snuff him out?

Does sound like loads of fun though... Wish I had the money to buy myself a Folland Gnat!!!

Cabi~

That plane looks like alot of fun.

Nice. I started the course to get my pilots license about 4 months before 9/11. But after that, they rammed so much red tape down your throat to continue the course that I let it lapse. I keep saying I'm going to go back and finish it one day....

:D

Last edited: