James is on HIGNFY on 11/12/09

They're from Winterpeg. 'Nuff said! ;)

HIGNFY with Brian Blessed - my goodness that was a screamer, really really funny.

[YOUTUBE]5__VFxOI99E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mxT6zLHDWF0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6E7HSo7LgSs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DSd45N4x9Tc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
They're from Winterpeg. 'Nuff said! ;)

I am most definitely not from Winnipeg, I'm living here for uni. I'm from Calgary:p And the Harper/China thing was kind of anti-climatic if one was looking for controversy.

China: "Canada should visit more often.'
Canada: "Ok, we will."
:p

I am most definitely not from Winnipeg, I'm living here for uni. I'm from Calgary:p And the Harper/China thing was kind of anti-climatic if one was looking for controversy.

China: "Canada should visit more often.'
Canada: "Ok, we will."
:p

My first thought about that thing was "China: Canada's Mother-in-Law"

My first thought about that thing was "China: Canada's Mother-in-Law"

LOL!

Sorry, my Harper Hate got in the way of reading Yascrew! news accurately. :mrgreen:

There are other Winterpeggers/Manitobans here?! Cool! Makes up for the fact that there doesn't seem to be any other Yukoners about. :p

Back on topic: The 'Duke of Edinburgh sets fire to the Cutty Sark' running gag was hilarious! :D

James' last appearance on HIGNFY also featured this lovely bit:

Alexander Armstrong: Jeremy Clarkson has been in the news --
James: Has he come out, finally?
*laughter*
James: Has he died?
*more laughter*
Ian: You looked positively animated there!
James: Oh, sorry! *slaps himself in the face*
Paul: He described a car as being 'queer as ginger beer' or something?
Alex: He said it was a bit 'ginger beer', which is rhyming slang for 'queer'.
Ian: Now that's just classic displacement there.
James: Yes, I think he doth protest too much.
Alex: A car being called 'queer' by a tv presenter named Jeremy with bubbly curls, leather jacket and crotch hugging jeans. Mmm. *licks lips*

*grin*

Last edited:
Don't forget James is on later tonight.
And there is a longer version of the show on Saturday.

Yay more James/HIGNFY - birthday pressie for me! :D

Slightly OT: did anyone ever see Paul Merton on stage? He's coming to Amsterdam this spring and I wonder if it's worth getting tickets for.

I'm not entirely sure if he does 'traditional' standup, he's an improv comedian.

If it's "Paul Merton and his Improv Chums", then he's well worth seeing. They're fantastically funny and well worth whatever price is being asked. I saw them at the Edinburgh Fringe a few years back and it was non-stop hilarity.

Aaaand the BFS makes yet another appearance, this time on HIGNFY. And it's let James come along ;)

Didn't say much, did he?

Spoilered in case people haven't watched yet:
I think the whole hamster incident, including but not limited to the sucking was enough!

He didn't the last time he was on either, I think he'd be better on QI :)

Well done TechZ, that was quick! :bow:

Last edited:
It was the opposite, he was bitched at for not visiting enough.

Last time James was on it was utterly brilliant, because that was the "Prince Philip burned down the Cutty Sark" episode, and Merton was on fire.

And here's an OT question, why is this board filled (er, relatively speaking) with Manitobans, but barely any Saskatchewan peeps (like me!)?
OK I will bite - why?

Didn't say much, did he?

More than a lot of HIGNFY guests say.

Remember that this is the half-hour edit of what is a 60-70 minute live show, so some of what he said may have ended up on the cutting room floor. There's a 40 minute edit airing tomorrow.

The other thing to bear in mind too is that most guests are lucky to get a word in edgewise, mainly as Hislop and Merton tend to dominate - rightly so, as they're genuinely funny.