James May at Goodwood Revival

Squidge

According to European Motor News, James May will be judge at this year's event ...

Down on the ground, the prestigious ?Freddie March Spirit of Aviation? ? an aeronautical ?concours d?elegance? that recalls the style and excitement of flying as it used to be ? will be held again this year following its successful debut at the Goodwood Revival two years ago. Freddie March, the present Earl of March?s grandfather, was a keen aviation engineer, as well as an accomplished racing driver and vehicle coachwork designer.

This attraction for historic aircraft built up to 1966 ? the same cut-off year as all motor vehicles permitted on site during the Revival meeting ? is in memory of the great man who had such an influence on Goodwood. A select panel of judges, including Sir Terence Conran, James May and NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin ? the second man to set foot on the Moon 40 years ago ? will be selecting the winner of the coveted Freddie March prize from around 30 pre-1966 aircraft, set to include a 1934 Hawker Nimrod, a 1942 Douglas C-47A Dakota and a 1965 Bolkow Bo 207.

James is judging with Buzz Aldrin? Kind of a special moment for him, what with his recent show about the Moon landing, isn't it? :)

James is judging with Buzz Aldrin? Kind of a special moment for him, what with his recent show about the Moon landing, isn't it?

He also seems to be sharing judging duties with Terence Conran, purveyor of cheap 'n cheerful furnishings to the masses and overpriced food to the London glitterati. That should bring him back down to earth a bit.

James is judging with Buzz Aldrin? Kind of a special moment for him, what with his recent show about the Moon landing, isn't it? :)

They will have much to talk about :D

Is anyone in the forum going?

They will have much to talk about :D

Is anyone in the forum going?
I wish I was, its something I plan to do one I get a car and can drive there, I might even get a car old enough to go in the special "pre 1966" car park!:lol:

Buzz rules!

What did that moron expect would happen by calling Buzz a liar and a coward? That the man would break down in tears and confess? Those conspiracy geeks need to retire. Like Elvis did after he faked his own death. ;)

He also had time to praise Lord March as cool guy with good dress sense and good hair.

http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/2737/lordmarch2337003.jpg

:lol:

News of the event on this page.

There is a video of James on the page too but either the video has a problem or my internet connection does as I was only able to see a few sec of James then I can just hear the audio.

http://www.bognor.co.uk/revival/VIDEO-Top-Gear-presenter-James.5663204.jp

It works fine for me. I managed to download it as well, so let me know if you want me to upload it for you on sendspace or something. :)

Glad to see James looking relaxed despite the imminent destrucion of his house. ;)

It works fine for me. I managed to download it as well, so let me know if you want me to upload it for you on sendspace or something. :)

Glad to see James looking relaxed despite the imminent destrucion of his house. ;)

Thanks, I finally got it to fully play. Not sure what the problem was, Youtube was working fine. Others might like it though if you have a few min to upload it.

(You must tell me what you use to catch streaming video. I had a program on my old computer but can't remember the name to put it on this one and the old computer is DEAD)

Bognor.co.uk said:
May, who was judging the competition with Buzz Aldrin, also revealed the truth about Top Gear legend, 'The Stig'.

Wait what...
I cant see the video as well so someone shed some light on the subject...

Here you are... :cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsrDUcdJKw[/YOUTUBE]

What an awful interview. I can't hear a word the interviewer is saying.

What an awful interview. I can't hear a word the interviewer is saying.

Yes, it is very difficult to make out, hope this helps with the video.

Intro voiceover:
TG presenter JM & astronaut Buzz Aldrin were judges in this years Freddie March ?Spirit of Aviation competition. They spent the afternoon inspecting the pre-1966 aircraft picking out their favourites

Q1 Are you having a good day?

Q2 Did you fly in, by any chance?

Q3 What is it about the event that makes you come back?

Q4 I did actually hear your Top Gear colleague Jeremy Clarkson say that the Stig is banned from Chichester?

Q5 Is that driving through?

:)

Last edited: