James May driving to work in his Porsche 911 Carrera S

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
I'm sorry if this have been posted elsewhere, but couldnt find it.
Anyways, I thought it was quite interesting, and so will many others I guess!

For some reason I can't really imagine May with a red 911, I would've thought he would have one in white. I just don't see a red car suiting him very well.

Excellent find, thanks for sharing. May is one of my favorite presenters and his dry wit is very amusing.

Good choice in automobiles for the most part as well.

For some reason I can't really imagine May with a red 911, I would've thought he would have one in white. I just don't see a red car suiting him very well.

His beloved Ferrari is Grigio Titanio, with a Grigio Scuro interior. Or, as Clarkson describes it in a column, a "slightly used, Eeyore-grey Ferrari 430". Heh.

part 2

Anyone know when part 3 will be up?

I didn't know Hammond would stay over at May's house the night before the shoot. You can sense that James and Richard aren't as friendly as they used to be. When's the last time they did a film together? It used to be like every week.

You can sense that James and Richard aren't as friendly as they used to be.

I think you're talking nonsense. I'm sure they still get on very well. Again, you're seeing the result of them having to play to camera.

You also need to remember both James and Richard are very busy blokes (the latter even moreso); they simply just don't get a chance to do a film together like they used to. (For what it's worth, the last film they did together was the Porsche Panamera race against the Royal Mail in 13x04.)

Last edited:
I didn't know Hammond would stay over at May's house the night before the shoot. You can sense that James and Richard aren't as friendly as they used to be. When's the last time they did a film together? It used to be like every week.

Richard now has his own flat in London. And come on, even Tony moved out of Gary's place eventually.*

* For non UK peeps: www.google.com

Have to concur with Shellygrrl (while I'm here). RH has his own flat in London, James doesn't live alone anymore, the content of the show isn't dictated by how friendly the presenters are with eachother, they now film in different combinations, Clarkson/May, Clarkson/Hammond, Hammond/May etc etc and a lot of it is probably dictated by their availability, (which is what Shellygrrl said).

And LindenChase is quicker off the mark than me. Apologies for repeating what she said

They've done one film a year for the last five or so.

- 2009: Porsche Panamera vs. Royal Mail
- 2008: Ferrari Daytona vs. powerboat
- 2007: Reliant Robin shuttle (spring) Motorhome racing (fall; but does this really count? It's more a Hammond film that May just happens to be in)
- 2006: Car football

Before that, yeah, they were in a lot more stuff together... the epic races, the multi-car reviews, RC racing, and so on. Of course, they did 19 regular episodes a year back in those days, compared to 14 now... they had a lot more time to fill!

- 2006: Car football

And the three-way MPV review (8x07), and they took Jeremy's "Anne Hathaway Cottage" Mercedes S-Class out on the track together (8x04). So that's three films.

As for the motorhome racing, I'm not really counting it for the reason you've said: it's a Hammond film that James just happened to be in. I also don't count the epic races (read: DB9 vs train and the like) because all three of the boys are in those, even though James and Richard are usually paired together.

Yeah, that's true. So let's say four years instead of five. :)

A lot of people view James as a bit of a bore, but, truth is, he just has a knack for being able to talk forever about any given subject. i respect that, and i think that his he had someone to talk to, a conversation with him would be pretty engaging.

I cant see any of these videos from topgear.com anymore, it worked in the past.
Is there some software you need to install, or is it because I'm using an IP from the wrong country?

I think they are not regionally locked, because I can see them from Serbia.

I can see them from the Netherlands. Have you tried a different browser?

I can see them from the Netherlands. Have you tried a different browser?

Ahh yeah, thanks for the tip. Works in Opera, not in Firefox here.