James May Hates the U.S. Presenters

Gyvon

Last edited:
Despite the (stupid, misleading) title, i really didnt get that impression from the article.

It was more like "They've got a tough job ahead of them, getting done off the start what we've developed over 8 years, and they've got strange american names".

Anyway. I?d now like to consider the US version of the popular television soap Top Gear. I don?t envy the three blokes who have this job, because they are required to adopt a format that is already, for some strange reason, watched all over the world in its original guise.

There they are, hamstrung by our conventions but bereft of the eight-year inheritance during which we have carefully cultivated our mutual loathing of each other.

Thank you come again.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. The US boys have their UK fathers' blessings, from my understanding.

Last edited:
The lamest shameless P.R. award for 2011 goes to James May.

Despite the (stupid, misleading) title, i really didnt get that impression from the article.

The "stupid, misleading" title that is the actual tongue-in-cheek title of James May's column? Your consistent thickness is boggling.

So basically he hates them in a kinda childish, but at the same time flattering way because they all have really awesome names compared to his rather dowdy "james may". He's right. "James May" sounds like a dentist, "Tanner Foust" sounds like a man who rides rabid tigers for a living.

Think they should rename this to "Final Whining" All is read is where every post should have been posted elsewhere or bashing of new Top Gear. Go watch the first season of Top Gear UK and compare it to the new US version. US was much better. More Top gear of any kind is good. Top Gear Australia 3 was good and I thought they found the right guys and they must because they are still filming. If you are going to expect every version to be exactly like the BBC version you will be disappointed. If you don't like it then don't watch it. It pulled 2 million viewers last time out which is pretty good. I thought they got better each weak and the Alaska trip was good. It ia new show and they have a budget. Next year you will see production increase and better material. They guys will be fine. They have the right group. You can always got watch The best damn car show coming to speed. It has Matt Farah and he rocks and he should have been on Top Gear. Adam Corolla and a couple other will round it out. They will still try to do what everyone else has tried which is copy the original boys. You know what anyone that shows nice cars going fast having fun ain't all bad. Here is a tip. Tanner is not Richard, but he can drive the wheels off anything. Rutledge is not James May and is a genuine guy. Adam is not Jeremy, but is funny and he doesn't bash America every 5 seconds. The BBC version rocks for a reason. The three guys are funny and great together and is my favorite show and US version was good enough to get me wanting more of it. Quit all the whining. If you need that crap go watch Oprah. Final Gear rocks too by the way. Fifth Gear sucks.

No i read it a week ago on Mays site. I was just commenting that everything here has a post that is should have been posted elsewhere. Comical. I also commented on the people bashing Top Gear USA in a previous post, but the thread was closed. I don't just post BS. I read it as well. Wait... this should have been posted somewhere else.