James May: James May one decade ago on TG

His hair is so short haha, it looks like he hasn't had it cut since then! Great post thanks!

My god, James May has ears!

Same voice... same style... and then....
AUGH! The hair!
He looks completely different.

He looked a lot different, but i have to say that is probably one of the best classic top gear clips I've ever seen.

So I guess that means he followed over from when they went from the old series to the newer series. Does anyone know if he did the same amount of presenting in the older series as he does in Top Gear in its current form?

Top Gear had about four or five presenters in those days; he maybe did one report each week over the course of the series.

As far as I remember, his first report was on the Lexus IS200 and he didn't like it at all. He was brought in when Jeremy Clarkson left and to be honest, he really didn't fill the gap. I distinctly remember him really pissing me off. He had this sneering, mocking tone which drove me mad. He lasted one series.

Since his return in 2003, he has left the 'other two' in the shade and is our Top Gear Lord and Master, amen.

Who else could say one simple word and make you laugh?

James May: Hello.

:lol:

Oh dear god. Thats why men go bald, natures way of stopping them having any more crap hairstyles.

I wonder if hammond and JC keep a copy of that lying around so they can have a laugh now and then.:D

Brilliant find GTR-13.:bow:

Last edited:
There are more episodes of Classic Top Gear on one of the FTP's with James May in them.

There are more episodes of Classic Top Gear on one of the FTP's with James May in them.

And here is a snapshot from one of them! :D

vlcsnap-76673.png

That pic is disturbing.

Its like you know at one point May had a normal look, but like you know your parents did the nasty to have you but you'd rather ignore it.

First I thought: Wow nice rover commercial, but then the end was classic top gear.

He looks a bit like Steven Tompkinson (British actor), especially in this last picture.

Thank God for the passage of time.