James May: Our Man in Japan

Ripplin

Car(s)
2003 VW Golf TDI
I didn't know it had started. Thanks for the reminder. I will be watching it.

First episode was fun, definitely going to keep going

I'm watching it now.

Very enjoyable and funny!

Much better than the Grand Tour Seamen special. Halfway through episode 5 and really enjoying it.

Hey Bim! Guess what? :LOL:

I finished the series a couple days ago and I really enjoyed it as well.

I loved the series. It was a great intro to Japan travel that I think showed how accessable it is for foreigners (Gaijin). Now too bad the Olympics will be there sucking up the oxygen but if there is any place on the planet better suited in hospitality and kindness to stomach it I haven't been there.

I wish they had more fish on a stick and gone to Issen Yoshoku I think it's right up James alley
entrance-to-issen-yoshoku.jpg

If you haven't been go and if you do plan on going... And this is kinda against my interest because hopefully I'll win not you... but JAL is having a contest to get Gaijin out of Tokyo!

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/japan-promotion/

It starts in February so sign up for your frequent flyer number now to enter when it goes live.

Nice! I've actually been enjoying looking at heavy machinery more the past few years. I found a tractor calendar, then saw a tractor encylopedia at a thrift store. Mostly just like finding new, interesting designs.

These orchard tractors are cool. The extra pieces are meant to protect fruit trees. Almost no exhaust pipe sticking out either.

178665982_9e78c10af8_b.jpg

I loved the series. It was a great intro to Japan travel that I think showed how accessable it is for foreigners (Gaijin). Now too bad the Olympics will be there sucking up the oxygen but if there is any place on the planet better suited in hospitality and kindness to stomach it I haven't been there.

I wish they had more fish on a stick and gone to Issen Yoshoku I think it's right up James alley
entrance-to-issen-yoshoku.jpg

If you haven't been go and if you do plan on going... And this is kinda against my interest because hopefully I'll win not you... but JAL is having a contest to get Gaijin out of Tokyo!

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/japan-promotion/

It starts in February so sign up for your frequent flyer number now to enter when it goes live.
Well, shit, Summer 2020 only. I'll be there in April. Would have been fun to weave in a domestic to Hokkaido.

Oh yeah, the series.... it was great fun, James got to be as weird as he wanted and I liked that they occasionally brought in the crew.