"James May ‘won’t do The Grand Tour much longer’ as he fears his body is ‘falling apart’"

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
It's probably gossip rag bullshit, but never the less:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/29/jame...uch-longer-fears-body-falling-apart-11974166/

James May has revealed he doesn’t see himself able to keep doing The Grand Tour for much longer, admitting his body is ‘falling apart’. The TV stalwart hosts the Amazon Prime Video show alongside Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson and has revealed his thoughts about ageing, which, apparently he doesn’t feel too good about. ‘I’m in the second half of my fifties now and in all honesty, I’m slightly falling apart,’ the 57-year-old told The Sun. ‘I’m developing nervous disorders and aches and I don’t think I’ll do this much longer because I don’t want to fall apart in public. ‘It would just be a bit undignified and I don’t think people want to see it.’

He said he wanted to leave the audience ‘wanting more’, rather than make them spend 15 minutes watching the men try and get in and out of Ferraris. Fair point. ‘There’s almost certainly more of it behind us than in front of us. How long do you want to see old blokes?’ he continued. ‘Jeremy’s possibly even more decrepit than me.’ Moving forward, The Grand Tour’s current chapter will be presented as a series of specials rather than a weekly episodic series.

Earlier this month they released The Grand Tour presents… Seamen, which saw the gang accidentally drive their boats into a violent storm while Richard also contracted sepsis. Although, the pain was worth it as fans lapped up the 90 minute special in their droves. Richard, 50, opened up on the next disaster which struck show as the boys filmed their next trip in Madagascar. After Richard, Jeremy, 59, and James were almost killed at sea in Vietnam and Cambodia, they headed to the island for another perilous adventure, which saw the trio stranded from their film crew. Alright, we can see where James may be talking about this body breaking business… Hammond explained chaos is inevitable when steering such an enormous operation. ‘[The Grand Tour] is logistically not easy to make. ‘[Seamen] was the hardest because we’re on boats but there’s 50 or 70 of us and then there might be 26 or 27 cars, and at any point that convey might have to stop because, let’s say Jeremy has driven into the bank or my engine has died, so that means you’ve got to bring out the crew. ‘You might need breakouts of mechanics, or bring out the supplies so it’s just a case of a huge operation and inevitably sometimes I think that’s an amazing set of skills.’

If If that happens, it's understandable. I'm only 39, but held together with super glue. I am admittedly kind of a dunce, but I started studying accounting in 2018 so that hopefully, once I've earned my degree, I can find a job where I won't have to move around too much.

Maybe instead of getting rid of the studio, they should have gotten rid of everything outside of the studio. ?