• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

James May

Top Gear Girl

Not A Dude
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
654
Location
Wiltshire
Recently James sold one of his motorbikes and a Jaguar. I guess (May defender correct me if I'm wrong) but this is part of getting hold of the cash for the Boxster?

So will he being selling his 911 aswell?
 
Sorry to hijack, but I wonder how much more money Jeremy makes than James if James has to sell cars to buy a Boxster, while Jeremy buys a Ford GT (with spare change it seems)...
 
He didn't sell the Jag - it didn't meet the reserve he put on ebay so he's stuck with it, nice motor though I was tempted :)

So far as I know he's not selling the 911 (another v. nice motor), but who knows, and yes it is to fund his Boxster purchase, according to his Telegraph column.

TGG, are you interested in buying the 911? Hey you're nothing to do with Manor Garage in Box are you? heh heh acquiring stock. :lol: I thought I noticed something you'd written about a manor somewhere...
 
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Sorry to hijack, but I wonder how much more money Jeremy makes than James if James has to sell cars to buy a Boxster, while Jeremy buys a Ford GT (with spare change it seems)...

Well, when he was talking about the GT, and giving it back, can't remember which ep exactly, but he had said something like "Ten years of hard work and saving..." I think that's what was talking about.
 
moo said:
Manor Garage in Box are you? heh heh acquiring stock. :lol: I thought I noticed something you'd written about a manor somewhere


Wow, I live right near Box! Yes, but not Rudloe Manor, thats not ours. I mention that because it's a bit famous or more to the point infamous.Peter Gabriel has a hosue/recording studio in Box.


Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Sorry to hijack, but I wonder how much more money Jeremy makes than James if James has to sell cars to buy a Boxster, while Jeremy buys a Ford GT


A lot more. He seems to have a much bigger house and more fancy tastes than the others, but then he's been on Top Gear longer and has sold tons of DVDs and books.
 
Top Gear Girl said:
moo said:
A lot more. He seems to have a much bigger house and more fancy tastes than the others, but then he's been on Top Gear longer and has sold tons of DVDs and books.




I believe his mother is also very wealthy, which means JC doesn't need to worry about saving money for retirement or anything.
 
I believe his mother is also very wealthy, which means JC doesn't need to worry about saving money for retirement or anything.

Jeremy is responsible for the cuddly Paddington Bear toys. His mum Shirley made him a Paddington with wellies and a hat when he was six years old-and he loved it so much she set up a business making them. Shirley made a fortune and Jeremy worked for the family firm until becoming a freelance journalist. He still has the original bear which started it all.

Something tell me that would have (and still would be) making his family a fair bit of money. :shock:
 
Overheat said:
That is sooooo not a crap car

points overheat to this thread: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6453&start=60

I am taking that quote off - alas irony is not a universal language :?

Top Gear Girl said:
but not Rudloe Manor, thats not ours. I mention that because it's a bit famous or more to the point infamous.Peter Gabriel has a hosue/recording studio in Box.

ah cool, didn't know that they used Rudloe as their picture.
 
Janus said:
Something tell me that would have (and still would be) making his family a fair bit of money.

Well not really, take a loot at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/56354.stm

The only British factory making Paddington Bear cuddly toys has closed, it has been revealed. Gabrielle Designs, where the bear who found fame in the Michael Bond books has been made for 25 years, is due to go into liquidation with the loss of 21 jobs. Gabrielle Designs was founded by Shirley Clarkson, 63, who made her first bear for her son Jeremy - now the presenter of BBC TV's Top Gear - and daughter Joanna.
 
Top Gear Girl said:
Janus said:
Something tell me that would have (and still would be) making his family a fair bit of money.

Well not really, take a loot at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/56354.stm

The only British factory making Paddington Bear cuddly toys has closed, it has been revealed. Gabrielle Designs, where the bear who found fame in the Michael Bond books has been made for 25 years, is due to go into liquidation with the loss of 21 jobs. Gabrielle Designs was founded by Shirley Clarkson, 63, who made her first bear for her son Jeremy - now the presenter of BBC TV's Top Gear - and daughter Joanna.

Ah but it says they sold the business in 1995 - one can only guess they made a tidy sum out of the sale

As for Paddington - Damn you Teletubbies, Damn You!!!
 
fbc said:
Ah but it says they sold the business in 1995 - one can only guess they made a tidy sum out of the sale

Well Jeremy's mother might have. But then, when you see her house on "Jeremy Clarkson Who Do you Think You Are?" it doesn't look that big, but that doesn't mean she hasn't got it all tucked away somewhere and doesn't spend it. But usally house, car, etc is an indication. I think any money Jeremy has is his own, made by him.
 
TGG said:
Well Jeremy's mother might have. But then, when you see her house on "Jeremy Clarkson Who Do you Think You Are?" it doesn't look that big, but that doesn't mean she hasn't got it all tucked away somewhere and doesn't spend it. But usally house, car, etc is an indication. I think any money Jeremy has is his own, made by him.

What? I'm a bit interested to know what your definition of big is....
 
Top