James May's 20th Century

AZZA

Car(s)
Audi A4 B8
Been watching this on UKTV History, have to say im not usually a fan of these shows but Captain Slow makes it so much more interesting :D

Anyone else like it?

Is there a new series?
The one they are showing now on the UK Histroy channel is the old one. But James is working on a new science series, see the James May's Big Idea thread.

I've seen it and liked it a lot... James has a great knack for presenting anything. Just look at the evidence - he's done great series on cars, wine, toys, etc...

In this series I feel like he does miss some important things from the 20th century, but then again it is James May's 20th century. :D

Yeah I just got the DVD and I'm loving watching it all again - it was a great series and Big Ideas looks like a top show as well.

Also can't wait for the next Oz and James going around the UK.

Interesting note on the DVD - although it's a BBC show with BBC logo all over it - it's an ITV DVD with the ITV logo on the edge.

I think ITV Productions had the distribution contract even though it was a BBC show. In fact I think it may have been produced by ITV Productions and the Open University for the BBC.

It's not unusual a LOT of shows are made by ITV (was Granada) Productions for the BBC.

I've watched this series over and over, love it.

I've seen it and liked it a lot... James has a great knack for presenting anything. Just look at the evidence - he's done great series on cars, wine, toys, etc...

In this series I feel like he does miss some important things from the 20th century, but then again it is James May's 20th century. :D

Definitely, he's quoted on Chris Evan's radio interview as saying the show is 'an unashamedly personal view of science and technology of the 20th century' with all his favorite bits emphasized.

He gets the disclaimer out early that its not a comprehensive review, just the parts he wants to talk about.

I love his review of the UK Model T Ford, its a great compliment to Clarkson's really distasteful review of it on Top Gear.

Wish I could find torrents for this show... :cry:

I find it hard to believe there are no remaining active torrents for this show. But if you're having no luck, check out the FTP forum and download the episodes from there.

I downloaded it about 2 months back, pretty fast as well. There is an active torrent, search Mininova for "James May". It's about 1.64GB pack with all the episodes...

Their is a dvd out, but I'm not sure if that's of any use to you since you're in the States and the format/region might be wrong.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Mays-20th-Century/dp/B00153ZL4G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217309924&sr=8-2
Actually, I've got an all-region DVD player. (One of the many bonuses that comes with dating Asian women. :D ) Thanks for the tip!

I find it hard to believe there are no remaining active torrents for this show. But if you're having no luck, check out the FTP forum and download the episodes from there.

I downloaded it about 2 months back, pretty fast as well. There is an active torrent, search Mininova for "James May". It's about 1.64GB pack with all the episodes...

I'll do a search tonight, thanks. Hopefully that'll hold me over until Amazon gets my DVD across "the pond".

I was just searching the FinalGear site. I've ordered it from Amazon UK, so I'll have it soon.

you sure the DVDs aren't in PAL format, or do you have a multi-region DVD player that is PAL capable?