James May: James May's Big Ideas

I downloaded the Mp4, but its pretty crap.

When's a proper rip coming?

Whats wrong with it? It sure looked and heard real good. Yes I will admit that the video lacked a TINY bit of quality but its bearly noticible. :)

Any way back to the epsiode. This one is for me that is had more jokes in it. They were really good. ;) I really liked the way how James reacted to the robots. It was fun and entertaining.

This episode as well as the last was really informative and it got me thinking what might the future be for us.
Could we be really blogging ourselves so we can visit past forgotten memorys? Its really mysterious.

I certainly will be looking forward for the next episode :)

That was a trippy episode. Lots of cool stuff, although I didn't get the point of the last thing. Isn't that the same type of setup they use for making video games?

This was much better last night and James was in good form. I love ASIMO - ?500,000 each if anyone is interested. Worth every penny, but only if you can teach it to say 'bollocks'.

This is a really good series, as is most of James May's work.

When's the 3rd Oz and James series going up?

Last I heard (during an interview James did with Simon Mayo this summer) that it would be out either just before Christmas or just after.

Could someone upload the file to an http provider please, for those whose torrents have been blocked? *shakes fist at Shaw*

Please keep these coming each week. This is a really great show. I always like this kind of show and James May makes it all the better.

Could someone upload the file to an http provider please, for those whose torrents have been blocked? *shakes fist at Shaw*

Huh? Since when is Shaw blocking BitTorrent?

I was with them up until April and I had no problems downloading stuff then.

There's a JM's Big Ideas HTTP thread, you should check that out... but I really doubt Shaw is now blocking BT.

I just got done watching the first episode, and have to say I more than a little bit surprised at how well James pulled it off. The Moller car section was just brilliant :D. That being said, I've been digging and digging, trying to find out what the piece of music they used during that section. Anyone have any ideas?

... didn?t like the episode at all ... but that?s because it had nothing new for me and bored me (to death). Sadly, if shows like that go into an area of your expertise, they tend to lose all their apeal and you just go "o rly?" ... next weeks episode doesn?t look to promising to me either, topic-wise ...

Liked Jar Jar May though :mrgreen:

Huh? Since when is Shaw blocking BitTorrent?

I was with them up until April and I had no problems downloading stuff then.

There's a JM's Big Ideas HTTP thread, you should check that out... but I really doubt Shaw is now blocking BT.

I dunno! It happened back in 06. I was torrenting episodes of TG one a night (slow connection), then suddenly I couldn't torrent anything, over multiple torrenting programs. Tried a year later and it's the same thing. Firewalls off n'all. I could try it again but I doubt it'll work.

But thanks for the direction, there wasn't one last time I looked, I'll head over there. (PS: How 'bout this rain, eh? :p)

anyone know that Beethoven piece that May was playing? not the one where he compares the beethoven piece with the one that is computer generated but the one after that.

oh, thanks, i was doing research about what may said, "he wrote it for a girl he liked" and i came up with this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_No._24_(Beethoven)

which was wrong.

but again, thanks.

He said Beethoven wrote it "when he was hopelessly in love with a young woman who simply wasn't interested in him". Which probably explains why it's such a sad piece of music. :( And prooves once more that a rotten private life is a goldmine for any artist. :D