James May's Man Lab

Alasondro - blame it on a combination of James being a busy bee, the invention of the podcast, and the excellent James-sniffing* skills of the esteemed LindenChase

*I mean like a bloodhound - you know I do

I've heard he's in the States filming for S3 of Engineering Connections. That would 'splain things. :nod:

(And, before you ask, no, the Hamster's nowhere near me. Try the opposite end of the country. By which I mean "the Land of the Mouse".)

Promo vid of the book! Found by nobody. :)

Last edited:
:lol:

First episode will be shown on October 31! I just saw the trailer, looked good. :-D

Radio Times website:
Sunday 31 October
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC2

New series. The host tries to redeem the reputation of modern men, who he believes are perceived as being unreliable, clumsy and oafish, by teaching them skills cherished by their forefathers. His first group of students faces challenges including defusing an unexploded bomb, serenading a woman, building a kitchen out of concrete and creating a motorised picnic table.

Last edited:
Having just seen the trailer, I can confirm that that bloody pink rugby shirt is back

Can't wait! May's shows are always worth watching, besides Top Gear he has made some of my favourite television really.

He really does have an ability to make you interested in pretty much anything he talks about.

Nope, but it's much more than that! Thanks for posting! :)

Good spot, iam! Excellent trailer. I see Sim Oakley's back, as well as the bloody rugby shirt.

Mind you, what were you doing up at 4.00 am?

The man becomes more of a legend as time passes!

And I need a "GET EXCITED & MAKE THINGS" T-shirt to accompany my "KEEP CALM & CARRY ON" and "DON'T PANIC AND CARRY A TOWEL" ones.

Since when is fencing manly? its done in thights for God's sake!

Seriously though, this could be exellent , To my knowledge James never produced anything that wasent watchable.

I agree that everything James does is at worst watchable and at best wonderful. I loved that U2 trip - brilliant TV. I so liked Cabi too - he had real personality and charm.