James May's Man Lab

Really enjoyed the last episode. Found that this season they can never really seem to properly finish what they try and do. It has been entertaining nonetheless but still, maybe not trying to be so ambitious with some of their challenges would help them. James May, trolling a beach near you!

The water clock, I agree, was a piece of art ....we would like to make an attempt at building the same clock as a class project ...it would be awesome if anyone can provide information on how we can obtain the construction plans for these project...thanks & cheers....

Dowser?s book to cleanse your life

http://www.ledburyreporter.co.uk/news/10631135.Dowser___s_book_to_cleanse_your_life/

He said: ?James May was a really nice chap, and really quite open to it all. This was a great experience and James was truly taken with his taste of dowsing and I hope that the programme encouraged others to try their hand.?

- - - Updated - - -

You should watch the Mythbusters' take on this, it's way simpler/clearer.

Sadly, I can't watch mythbusters anymore.

Why is that - I can, and I'm in Europe!?

I "can" watch it, but I do not like the direction they have taken the show in recent years so I can't watch it because it makes me gag.

It is a shame because I used to love it.

I "can" watch it, but I do not like the direction they have taken the show in recent years so I can't watch it because it makes me gag.

+1 Yep it was way better in early years when they used a bit of science, these days it's all about guns and explosives making bigger guns and bigger explosions. Meh

Last edited:

I have to agree.
T.V. has become so awful here in the States we finally got rid of the cable t.v . I watch nothing but internet downloads and DVDs.

wasn't that a toy stories special?
anyhoo, very enjoyable indeed. i should watch that again :)

Last night's was the 22 mile glide of the 'model' Glider - I really enjoyed it.

Yeah When they are testing the glider and James is jumping up and down almost brings a tear to my eye.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree.
T.V. has become so awful here in the States we finally got rid of the cable t.v . I watch nothing but internet downloads and DVDs.

Me too. I have not had tv at my house in about 5 years. I don't miss it at all.

Does anybody know what company has the rights for Man Lab Series Two DVDs in Europe?
I asked AcornMedia but they say they havan't got the right any longer, so a reprint of the Series 2 DVDs is impossibile from them.

I *need* to fill that empty spot between Series One and Three in my collection...

Thank you for your links where I can find one for ?79 or for around $25 but for region 1 or 4 (or unlisted... or $41 for region 2).
I had indeed made the effort of looking in amazon and play.com sites and found out that Series 2 must be quite rare as the prices are 4 to 6 times the Series 1 or Series 3 ones. :)
I was going to contact the rights holder to find out if they have scheduled a reprint for Region 2 but I was out of luck in finding who the holders is.

Thanks anyway, polonyk

http://www.amazon.it/James-Mays-Man-Series-Edizione/dp/B005ZPM9ZE/

What do you want then? A limited production run of 1 at a promotional price specially for you?

Your use of *need* led me to think that you may be a serious money-no-object collector. You're clearly not.
How's having a DVD that collects dust on your shelf any different than having the rips on your hard drive? Why not burn the rips on a DVD, print a cover and forget about it?...