Jan-21 -FB Gold - GTRs/FOX [SR:8][FR:50laps]

swek:
You start from pits with from lap 0.

And what do you mean you can't see who's behind you.. Rear view mirror? Blue Flag notices?

Your lap counter resets and you start from lap 1 basically.

MXM said:
And what do you mean you can't see who's behind you.. Rear view mirror? Blue Flag notices?

I forgot to activate that. Like I said, clean install. The blue flag has been added just recently though (?) I can't recall seeing it before. I wasn't sure if it applies just to me or someone else.

And why would you pit using shift+s if you know what happens then ?

Blue and Yellow flag msg's apply individually, everyone gets them at the time when it comes to overlapping/crashing.

edit: I mean everyone gets them individually, so e.g. if I spin out infront of you, and you are the only one close behind me, only you will get a yellow flag. If someone else gets close enough to me as well, he/she will also get yellow flag when it's due. Same story for blue flags.

Ahh crap, Mischief did you get stuck in sand or something like that? Also answering swek's question, when you crash for example really bad, and you can't move, or get stuck in sand etc, you don't have any other option than shift+S unfortunatelly. :cry:

swek said:
Hm, I hoped I cause no trouble to anyone. ESPNSTI said that he tried to overtake me without success for half a lap before crashing into me. This is the only instance I can recall and I have to say that it's really difficult to figure out that someone is behind you. You hear a distant roar and one second later someone's at your left/right. From my perspective there's no way to avoid a situation like that especially if the faster guy tries to overtake me in a chicane or sth. like that.

It has been frustrating not just for you. Getting touched by someone from behind who has to overtake by all means isn't exactly fun either even if you're no contender for a good position.
Letting someone pass properly is harder that it looks I think.
After watching the replay (lap 34 & 35 from my perspective), it looks like you dropped a wheel in the dirt and lost it a bit, hitting me in the process.
Just to give you an idea though, at that time, I had already lost 5-6 seconds of my 18 second lead in just half a lap.
Your situation with the lack of the map is certainly understandable though.
FYI, a tip (that I use myself). Adjust your center mirror to be very visible in the top center of your screen.
For cars that don't have a center mirror (like the FOX), I use the virtual mirror.

Going so far as to completely running off the road to get out of someone's way is one thing, but not letting someone pass and racing as if it is for position is another.
Neither one is good in my opinion.
Backing off a tad and pulling off the racing line is what I think is considered "normal" in racing. (But this sounds a lot simpler than it is often to do in practice.)
Even if someone just drives like they normally do, I wouldn't have a problem with that if it weren't for the fact that sometimes you get the distinct impression someone isn't watching (luckily this is pretty rare).
In such a case you're very reluctant to put your nose next to someones car when entering a corner.
Much more reluctant than if you're racing for position for example.

Mischief007 said:
pdanev said:
Mischief how did you end up 17laps behind????? :eek:

9. swek (swek) FXO GTR +15 laps 1:27.52 35 9 w ac gc gb
10. [FG]Mischief007 (Mischief007) XR GTR +17 laps 1:20.95 33 1 w ac gb

Swek pitted 9times, was slower than you, and yet, ended up infront of you? :?
Did you pit using shift+S or what happened?

You'll see. I should hopefully have the video done tonight. It is 13:40 right now. My race actually ended on lap 14.
From my perspective (lap 15 for me), you had a 30-40 second lag dropout and you just appeared in front of me from out of nowhere.

Same here, I also saw it that way a few times. Had mischief infront of me, LAG, disappeared, 1/2 a minute later infront of me out of nowhere. :dunno:

The video is being encoded right now. Another 25 minutes and it should be done. Then I can upload it.

Was my lag really that bad?? I had nothing downloading or uploading. Just LFS going through my router.

You disappeared 2-3times infront of me for quite a while, never seen actually such lag, your invisibility lasted really long, I was afraid that you will appear suddenly infront of me and that we'll have some big buggy crash because of lag. (luckily it wasnt the case) :)

Oh yeah, that lag was intense! Sometimes you passed by me and *poof!* gone! Then reappear 30-60 seconds later.

Does your router have a dedicated port for LFS?

jayhawk said:
Oh yeah, that lag was intense! Sometimes you passed by me and *poof!* gone! Then reappear 30-60 seconds later.

No it doesn't. What port does LFS use?

Default is 63392 I believe. At least that's what I have in my settings, and I don't remember changing it.

But I don't think that was the cause of problems. I've never seen you lag since bought a new router. And you've raced for quite a while now, so ports etc should be fine, if they weren't we would have long noticed that. I guess it was just some random connection eff up. You can still try that port though, worth a shot. ;)

Mischief007 said:
jayhawk said:

No it doesn't. What port does LFS use?

Default is indeed 63992. My start port for LFS is 63391, and end port is 63393. I have a Netgear router.

pdanev said:
Default is 63392 I believe. At least that's what I have in my settings, and I don't remember changing it.

But I don't think that was the cause of problems. I've never seen you lag since bought a new router. And you've raced for quite a while now, so ports etc should be fine, if they weren't we would have long noticed that. I guess it was just some random connection eff up. You can still try that port though, worth a shot. ;)

Probably because I'm on cable internet. Maybe my node was busy that day big time.

Finally uploading to Movies Pit. The guys who use lfsforum.net should see it there by the morning and can post the link in the LFS Video Thread if I don't do it first ;).

And ESPN, sorry for that. How much damage did you get from me?

Mischief007 said:
And ESPN, sorry for that. How much damage did you get from me?
The damage wasn't noticable, but it sure scared the hell out of me though! :lol: