Japantastic (56K warning)

I'm guessing that the Copen is just small, rather than the Skyline being large :lol:

Bit of both.

I'd like a Copen, but they're fucking expensive over here... for some reason.. it has like 3 bhp.

It's 50.000 USD

No kidding, they're expensive even here. Its a premium Kei model so they usually come with leather and air and navi etc and the Copen has a folding metal roof, only problem is who outside of Japan wants such a small 660cc equipped $50K car?

I don't know why they keep insisting on sending their Kei cars OS.

Am I the only one that snickered at "VOLTEX"? :)

You mean it was probably supposed to read "Vortex"?
:D

I'd like a Copen, but they're fucking expensive over here... for some reason.. it has like 3 bhp.

It's 50.000 USD

The Copen was even more expensive here.... It was on sale here for about 5 hours, with an absolute MAD price tag of friggin' 56,000 USD!:rolleyes::cry:

/though it was the 1.3l K3-VE model with 87bhp :?

This thread is awesome. I lived in Japan (Kyoto) for two years as a kid and would love to go back. It's amazing, it still looks very similar, almost 25 years later. Also, I'd love to see a new Dodge Challenger in Japan. If you happen to see one in the next few months, definitely take a picture.

Skylines aren't exactly small either. Despite being 2 door they are about the same length as an Evo.

That's interesting! I had always guessed the R34 would be bigger than an Evo, honestly.

This is a "design concept interior". Not particularly useable.

desingconceptvan.jpg

my first thought seeing this "REGAIN CONTROL OF THE COTTAGE"

my first thought seeing this "REGAIN CONTROL OF THE COTTAGE"

Is that a movie or TV show reference?
It is somewhat "cottage" inspired.
Not a very useful space in the back though.

I've a couple of GT-R's the last week or two. One was just plain vanilla, the other one had some Mine's stickers and aftermarket exhaust (Mine's?), engine was running, old guy asleep at the wheel.

gtrebisu1.jpg

gtrebisu3.jpg

gtrebisu2.jpg

gtrminesginza1.jpg

gtrminesginza2.jpg

This is the entrance to an Izakaya (Japanese style restaurant/bar) I went to the other night. The door is about 4 foot hight. Like a lot of bars/restaurants here, its hidden down the back of some building and theres no way you could find it unless you knew about it. Next shot is the staff taking to some fish with a mini flame thrower. Last shot is a building that, as far as I can tell, just sells watches and is owned by Swatch (but the shops are all upmarket brands.

izakayaentrance.jpg

izakayaflamethrower.jpg

swatchbuildingginza.jpg

LOL that's the stupid Xingyue thingy... It's about to be sold here in Israel, wonder who'll buy it... Half BMW C1, half Carver :?

Pizza delivery? Looks like a Honda Gyro (3 wheeled scooter) with a cover.

How does the fish taste when it's cooked like that? Looks easy enough that I can try at home (without burning my house down of course!)

It was good. I think it was Mackeral and we squeezed lemon all over it after torching it for about 5 seconds or so. Practice on your own first, impress your friends later. :cool:

lol that huge pickup truck looks SO out of place there :lol:

How does the fish taste when it's cooked like that? Looks easy enough that I can try at home (without burning my house down of course!)

Thats not cooking it, it's just roasting the skin to give it a cripsy texture when eating it.

Pizza delivery? Looks like a Honda Gyro (3 wheeled scooter) with a cover.

In fact, it does exist. It's called the Honda Gyro Canopy, and now we have another reason to laugh at the Chinese nicking vehicle designs :lol:
honda-gy2.jpg

Xingyue 'Vogue' refers to vogue-ish similarity between it and the Honda XDDD

Last shot is a building that, as far as I can tell, just sells watches and is owned by Swatch (but the shops are all upmarket brands.
swatchbuildingginza.jpg

I went there when I was in Ginza in January. Swatch owns a bunch of really high end watch brands (Omega, Glashutte, A Lange and sons to name a few). This is their concept store, and it was really cool to see some trickle down from the expensive brands to swatch. Now they sell a $250-ish swatch with an Omega movement.

I want one :drool:
I said that to more than half of this thread. I can't believe there are so many unique cars, and even the parking spaces are interesting. People must shop for cars with an exact size and shape in mind.

Also, owning that house behind the Peugeot on page 1 is my new goal in life.

Thank you for confirming that Japan is my #1 destination if I ever leave the US. I don't need a lot of space and I would just find the whole place hilarious.