Japantastic (56K warning)

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
Since I live here in Japan, I thought I'd post some pics taken on my phone that others might find interesting. I think this is probably the best place to put it, even though I'm sure no-one ever checks this forum so it will get no views, but at least I won't go over my photobucket bandwidth :p. If it's in the wrong spot, please move it.

Anyway, I'll try to update now and then, but it won't all be Automotive related.

OK, heres why Japanese cars are so small, and why they invented those automatic parking devices.

D1000076.jpg

D1000075.jpg

D1000021.jpg

parking0012.jpg

Last edited:
:lmao::rofl:

How the hell did they get the yellow one in?!?

And heres an example of one those small cars. But the guy always parks in a regular spot and I assume he has to pay for parking like everyone else.

smlcr.jpg

I thought this Supra was pretty nice.

supra.jpg

But this is nasty. People overseas put JDM badges on their cars, while people in Japan put Infinity and Acura badges on their cars. Should go in carbage.

skyline.jpg

Had never seen a 1000SEL before, had to Google it.

sel1000.jpg

Wow, a response already! They may be bad drivers, but they are good at parking ;).

Anyway, I was shocked at how many Hummers I see around recently. Near my apartment (a pretty low rent area) there are at least 3 withing walking distance! Not the most practical car for Tokyo.

hmmr5.jpg

hmmr3.jpg

This guy takes up 2 spaces. Not cheap.

hmmr1.jpg

D1000066.jpg

I think it was Clarkson who said that since most Japanese live in tiny apartments, the only opportunity they have to show of (for social status) is through the cars they drive. Interesting pics, hansvonaxion! Keep em coming!

I think it was Clarkson who said that since most Japanese live in tiny apartments, the only opportunity they have to show of (for social status) is through the cars they drive. Interesting pics, hansvonaxion! Keep em coming!

Yes thats true, and young people live with their parents longer than most in Western countries, often until marriage, so the one box and people movers are popular as they make good "shaggin' wagons". The car becomes a second home almost.

This guys car is as wide as his house, and its only a 307!?

housewedge.jpg

Time for some European cars.

I dont think much can be done to improve the Cayenne, but obviously you can make it worse!

prschegrge.jpg

This guy had a Ferrari, Lambo and Maserati on his glass garage, and a Celsior parked outside. Im undecided about glass garages, I like to see the cars, but it does seem ostentatious.

richgarage3.jpg

richgarage2.jpg

Heres the Maybach service centre, its down the road from where I used to live (it was more upmarket than where I live now, obviously).

maybach.jpg

And heres a house that was around the corner, I love this house.

prschehouse1.jpg

And another funky house.

house.jpg

Heres a Lutecia, this car is great in GT4.

D1000114.jpg

D1000113.jpg

Heres an Evo parked outside my building. Ive never seen him drive it.

evo.jpg

And an Evo wagon I saw down the street.

evowgn.jpg

Thats gonna be it for a while, I dont UL images from my camera too often, but I will try to update from time to time.

Wow, never knew that there was Renaults in Japan.
Say, you live in Shinagawa? (wild guess because that was written on most license plates :hmm:)

Great topic! Good for inspiration on how to park here in amsterdam when there is no propper spot availible (although I doubt you can park a vw passat that way):blink::lol:
Suprising to see that renault there, most be rare.
Also, those houses look so funky, having one dedicated floor for just the entrance 8)

Anyway more more more! :D

Wow, never knew that there was Renaults in Japan.
Say, you live in Shinagawa? (wild guess because that was written on most license plates :hmm:)

Actually no, but near Shinagawa. I guess thats where the nearest licensing centre is.

You can get Renaults here, but I think the V6 Clio would be a personal import. Most of the AMG's and BMW M's seem to be personal imports, must be easy to import cars.

I like the EVO wagon too. Its different.

I'm sure you guys know, but the yellow car is a Stagea, its a wagon built on the Skyline platform.

Holy crap, 1000SEL!

I wish Japanese would make more of their cars as funky as those houses. :(

Last edited:
I've seen a few around, even saw an F40 and an Enzo... on the same day! I'm just too slow with the camera. When I had a bike I came across a few Ferraris and Lambos and used to follow them just so I could listen.

There was one guy who used to drive past where I lived in a Boxster that had a straight through exhaust. He drove like everyone who has excessively loud exhausts, using the throttle like an on/off switch, all or nothing. It did sound sweet though, and wouldve looked good if it werent for the oversized chrome rims.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try to be a bit more snap-happy so I can keep it updated.

I've seen a few around, even saw an F40 and an Enzo... on the same day! I'm just too slow with the camera. When I had a bike I came across a few Ferraris and Lambos and used to follow them just so I could listen.

There was one guy who used to drive past where I lived in a Boxster that had a straight through exhaust. He drove like everyone who has excessively loud exhausts, using the throttle like an on/off switch, all or nothing. It did sound sweet though, and wouldve looked good if it werent for the oversized chrome rims.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try to be a bit more snap-happy so I can keep it updated.

Wow, an F40 and an Enzo, in the same day? Stop making me so jealous! I just wish that next time you have your camera at the ready. :p

I'm planning on going to Japan in 2010 I wonder if it'll be worth it going to Shinagawa (or nearby) just for the exotic car spotting...

No, the more expensive areas are better, on a Sunday when people go driving. I've been here for about 6 years total so the odds are pretty low. Europeans and Americans see more "exotics" I'm sure.

2010? You really plan ahead.

Ferrari for you.

richgarage1.jpg

And Merc SLR

mercslr.jpg

And Maserati

maseratti.jpg

Now you can do this

feel003.jpg