Jay Leno on Top Gear

I'm sure he really spelled "tyre" ;)

Very good article!

One person I would love to spend a day with. He seems so cool and down to earth.

What I like about Leno is that he isn't interested in cars in a MTV Cribs way "I'm rich and famous so I buy a Lambo and put cromed 22 inch wheels on it". He really has a genuine interest in cars and engineering. So it seems to me at last. Sure he was some very expensive cars but then he also owns an old classic Saab 93-B for example.

Has Leno ever been a guest on TG? I'd like to see his time around the track!

Svempa is right, Jay Leno is an absolute motorhead in every sense of the word. He's got a huge collection of unique classic cars and drives every one of them.

He's got a new website (www.jaylenosgarage.com/) where he can show off a lot of his collection and talk about anything car related. It's sponsored by GM, so you have to sit through a GM commercial for every video that's posted.

I totally agree. If you say that Leno's just a spoiled, rich man, who spends alot of money on cars, you aren't a petrolhead. If I were able to spend that much money on cars, like, ABLE, meaning not getting into economic problems, I'd do it!

I believe most here would do it.

er,
1. How does Leno watch Top Gear? :) it doesn't air in US, does it?
2. 190mph, and he walked away? damn...

er,
twice.

The accident he's referring to is the one on PCH when "Dietrich" was supposed to be driving the Enzo (turned out to be Eriksson -not sure on the name-, car was stolen/not paid ... etc, big mess).

More recently Richard Losee crashed at top speed or so in Utah during a charity drive. He suffered minor injuries (considering the crash!).

Unfortunately, some others were not so lucky.

Great write-up by Jay. Would love to meet the man and shake his hand.

er,

Someone like Jay Leno easily has the means to watch TopGear when he wants, and I don't mean BitTorrent (but I'd have a high opinion of him if he did). Likewise, the magazine is easily available in the states.

er,

How does the vast majority of this site watch Top Gear?

You realize more than 50% of this forum live in North America or elsewhere that doesn't show Top Gear, right? :/

Torrent, or some sort of satelite?

How does the vast majority of this site watch Top Gear?

You realize more than 50% of this forum live in North America or elsewhere that doesn't show Top Gear, right? :/
can you really see Leno rushing to his computer to see how many seeders there are for the newest TG torrent?

Yes, but I can see someone Leno knows/employs doing it. And besides, even though it's not uncommon I can't see him spending every minute entertaining celebrities, driving impossibly exotic cars, jumping out of planes, whatever celebrities do for the cameras.

can you really see Leno rushing to his computer to see how many seeders there are for the newest TG torrent?
Yup. He's a guy that would use what he can to get what he wants, especially since he probably is a guy that can think for himself, and understands that piracy ain't bad at all.

And if he didn't know about the torrent technology, MPAA probably ended up giving him a tip in the papers, and he might have learnt to use it. :p

maybe he's one of us... hmmm. :shifty:

probably a satellite, they actually did show some episodes on the Discovery Channel...

I would love to see him on Top Gear as a guest, I watch his show frequently

I met Jay on a party in LA last summer. Wonderful person. Got vip-tickets to his show, and it was great! (with matthew perry ana papa roach). Got to say hello to Perry :)