Jay Leno on Top Gear

Leno would be great however his schedule is pretty full since his shows are on almost if not always 5 days a week, every week of the year and they take almost all day to put together. To get to the UK may be abit of a stretch.

If he's anything like Letterman, then he'd take 3 or 4 week long breaks throughout the year.

I can't remember ever seeing a stand in presenter on the tonight show.

Anyhow, he could get on a plane on friday night (saturday morning UK time though), do the SIRPC thing on sunday (the sunday before airing then I guess) fly home on sunday evening and be back at work on monday.... it's not impossible if he wanted to.

I can't remember ever seeing a stand in presenter on the tonight show.

Anyhow, he could get on a plane on friday night (saturday morning UK time though), do the SIRPC thing on sunday (the sunday before airing then I guess) fly home on sunday evening and be back at work on monday.... it's not impossible if he wanted to.

What Letterman does is when he has his holidays, he replays 5 of the best episodes of the past few months for that week or two. If you look on his website at the guests, when he's on holidays, it says original air date, I suspect Leno does that too.

Maybe they could bring Leno, Letterman and O'Brien over for a showdown??

I'd love to see Jay on TG. That would be fantastic! :D

imo; Conan > Leno > Letterman

Conan is funny as hell, Leno is good, but not something i'd go out of my way to watch. He just comes of as a bit lame to me.

Maybe we can have a Top Gear movie that stars denzel washington, owen wilson and ben stiller!

I can see it now...

TOP GEAR: THE MOVIE

Starring...

Vince Vaughan as The Stig
Ben Stiller as Richard Hammond
Owen Wilson as James May

And

Denzel Washington as Jeremy Clarkson

Nope, Cant see anything wrong with it, can you :rolleyes:

Conan aready has a lot of experience with a reasonably priced car:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=df4njggXQCE[/youtube]

After watching that, Conan would make an excellent American Clarkson :)

Of all the people out there who own a Veyron and would be willing to lend it to the Stig, it has to be Leno. I think we'll see him on the shower before the end of 2007!

Svempa is right, Jay Leno is an absolute motorhead in every sense of the word. He's got a huge collection of unique classic cars and drives every one of them.

This is true. I live very close to the studio that he shoots The Tonight Show and have seen him numerous times driving steam powered cars around the streets.

+1 about the steam car, seen a video where he has got a blow torch in hand getting the damned thing running.

Also I'm on the East coast of Florida (zip code 33431), I go to a pub quite regularly that has all the football matches in realtime, and I've asked the owner about BBC2 and TopGear. Only to get a reply that we are X hours behind so 9pm(uk) is like 3 or 4pm (East coast USA). So i know it is possible to get this stuff in real time.

This is true. I live very close to the studio that he shoots The Tonight Show and have seen him numerous times driving steam powered cars around the streets.

then play dead in the middle of the road and get him to go onto top gear.

That would either excite or terrify Hammond to no end. But, Leno in the Lacetti could have some potential for being a popular segment. Show some of his cars, and maybe the JET bike (the possible source of terror for the Hamster,) and possibly take them around the track, just for the heck of it And, if he brings them to the Tonight Show, we could start geeting Top Gear in it's full glory. Andy, look at this topic, NOW!