Jay Leno Review Of SSC Ultimate Aero

LOL, I'm not a fanboy of the Bugatti, I'd personally probably prefer to take the SSC for a spin,
the Bugatti doesn't seem very exciting. Plus, I think both are ugly as hell, but the Veyron is stylish ugly ( with Skoda Fabia headlights ), while the SSC just looks like a Chinese rip-off of Diablo.

The looks of the SSC never sold me. Hopefully their new models will address that...:lol:

I have to say I agree with Jay on this one. I prefer the SSC over Veyron. Because Veyron is too civilized, its like a 5-star hotel on wheels. Sure the Veyron is a engineering masterpiece and all that, but thats not super cars are all about. Super cars should be raw, super cars are supposed to be inpractical, super cars are supposed to make you recolor your pants to brown when you reach the top speed.

They should have used a V12 though, because V12s kick ass :yes:

Personally, I don't really care about any of them, because it's just corporations trying to make a buck, but I am impressed with the brains invested in engineering the Bugatti Veyron. The other one, not so much.

You're impressed with VW losing millions to reintroduce the Bugatti brand, which has sold about three cars and fallen out of existence every other time it's been reintroduced, whereas you're not impressed by a company that sets out to build the world's fastest production vehicle, does so, and still manages to turn a profit with the first car they sell?

See? It's easy to use facts to make something considered successful by those involved to look like an epic failure. :p

The ONLY thing I don't like about this car are the Focus HID headlights. For that much money I figure they could custom design something.

what i dont like in bugati is that it weights too much for safety features and it is not exiting throught bends and but it can go through them but this SSC cant cause as americans usually do car is great on straight rubbish throught bends

So the SSC Aero seems more refined than I originally thought. Anyway, I'd much rather have one of these, if anyone have about $ 1 million USD laying around, they have two of these currently for sale.

black_yellow1.jpg

Last edited:
To everyone who has said that the Aero won't handle well, Did you even watch the video?
SSC made it 83" wide for cornering. If the only point of the car was straight line speed, it would be long and narrow, like a drag car.

it has drag coefficient of 0 it need huge wing as koenigsegg needed trust me if u challenge SSC UT Aero and Pagani Zonda F on nurburgring or suzuka circuit zonda will it like a donut and that on picture looks linke dauer 962 Le mand with a new black paint and yellow stipes

You're impressed with VW losing millions to reintroduce the Bugatti brand, which has sold about three cars and fallen out of existence every other time it's been reintroduced, whereas you're not impressed by a company that sets out to build the world's fastest production vehicle, does so, and still manages to turn a profit with the first car they sell?

See? It's easy to use facts to make something considered successful by those involved to look like an epic failure. :p

Well, no, not really. The Bugatti brand can potentially turn out to be an epic failure, but the Veyron will be remembered as something unique in the history of automobiles, on the other hand, the SSC UA just won't. It'll probably be forgotten as soon as something a bit faster appears.

Ok, Americans will remember it, because of the patriotism and stuff like that.

PS. I need to ask this again:

How long do you think it could take VW to produce a Veyron with a slightly
more powerful engine?

When a personal friend, or a member of a family accomplishes something reasonably important, you are not proud of them?
Only if I had anything to do with it. For instance, my mother got a recognition prize for "The best IT teacher in Varna" a few years ago.

I'm glad for her, but I can't be any more proud of it than I can be proud of how pretty the sunset is.

Pride doesn't necessitate personal responsibility or involvement. I'm certainly proud of all of our soldiers around the world (of whom I'm friends with a few) for serving our country. I myself am not a soldier, but that doesn't exclude me from feelings of pride whenever I see an American flag in the air. Can you hold that against me? You are European and I am American, so theres no doubt you can try.

You sound very irrational, like most Americans when they're talking about pride and country. I won't hold it against you, as it's in your culture, but I'm not impressed.

And SuperStalin is plainly a fanboy of Bugatti. No amount of common sense will tame that beast.

Were you even reading what he said? He made some really good points, maybe you should go back and read what he said again. Again, I'm not going to hold this against you, it's normal for humans to absorb only 15% of information the first time they've been presented with it.

EDIT: In spite of my staunch defense of the Aero, I'm not hopelessly infatuated with the car. In fact I would easily take the Bugatti over it; but just because a car that had exponentially more money and time for its development is the better car, it doesn't detract from the Aero. It may look a bit finicky, but I'm sure everyone on this forum would be giggling like a child if they got to ride in, or drive one.

There are many cars I'd rather take for a spin.

How long do you think it could take VW to produce a Veyron with a slightly more powerful engine?
Well the original concept had an 18-cylinder engine.......

Well the original concept had an 18-cylinder engine.......
Need MOAR CYLINDERS!!! (sorry this thread is getting too damn serious) :D

Even though I already got neg repped here for stating an opinion, I think I will jump back in, I'm brave like that :)

You guys are comparing two absolutely different cars, with absolutely different purposes. It's like comparison an F430 to a Bentley Continental GT. Both cars are fast and I think are about the same price but one is meant as a luxury car with insane amount of power and good ability to run, the other one is a focused sports car.

Just look at how different these cars are. The Veyron is a Quad turbo W16 engine, AWD, DSG, ABS, ESP, TC. It has specially designed tires, weighs close to 2 tonns and was designed from the ground up to be comfortable and useable every day and last as long as any normal car.

The Aero is twin turbo V8 (half the engine literally), RWD, manual 6 speed, no ABS, no ESP, no TC. Leno didn't mention it but I don't believe it uses special tires. Weighs probably at least half of what the Veyron does. It was made to go really really fast, it also costs about half of what the Veyron does.

The purpose of these machines is completely different, I could see taking a Veyron to my local IMAX but I seriously doubt 99% of people would drive the Aero more often than once a week at most.

Last edited:
MOAR SILLYNDRES! :D

Seriously though, I remember they made a concept with 18 cylinders but I thought that
was only the Bentley.

bentley_hunaudieres_concept.jpg

^Are you saying Wiki is wrong? :lol: